About the Role
Uber is looking for an experienced in-house employment counsel with a proven track record of success to support and help lead our growing business across India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka (India SA).
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world – including changing the way regulators, courts and legislators think about the future of work. This position will report directly to the APAC Head of Employment Legal based in Singapore.
- Provide practical legal advice on the full range of employment decisions relating to recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, benefits, and terminations in India SA.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of employment documents, including employment contracts, restrictive covenant agreements, assignment letters, separation agreements and policies and handbooks.
- Advise on risks regarding temporary and outsourced workers, including reviewing and drafting staffing services agreements across India SA.
- Advise on disciplinary outcomes relating to the ICC and work closely with the committee in closing out claims under the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act.
- Partner closely with HR and internal audit on a variety of projects, initiatives, investigations and risk management.
- Provide support on pre-litigation disputes and employment litigation.
- Work with our teams across the business – including our tax experts, product developers and policy and communications team – to pre-empt employment law risks, and be proactively involved in finding solutions to any issues.
- 3-6 years of employment law experience at a top tier firm and/or in-house. India and/or South Asia employment law experience preferred. Employment litigation experience a plus.
- Highly motivated, creative, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, while collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done.
- You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects, identify and resolve legal and business issues, prioritize and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the personal flexibility to embrace frequent change.
- You communicate effectively; work independently; are effective in a fast-paced environment.
- You partner with and manage outside counsel effectively.
- When you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
How to apply
Apply online at this link.
For full details about the position, click here.