Twitter is looking for an experienced lawyer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities.
You need to bring legal smarts, business sense, a strong work ethic, and a good personality because you’ll be dealing with challenging legal issues and helping to shape our business strategy in India.
You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with various teams across the organization. Ideally, you have worked in-house in the technology, media, ad agency, or Internet industries handling a broad range of legal matters in India.
This role will report to the Director of Legal for APAC who is based in Singapore.
Responsibilities will include:
Negotiating and drafting sales, partner, supplier, contractor and other commercial agreements.
Advising on intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, antitrust/competition laws, litigation, employment, advertising laws and regulations, as well as law enforcement and other related issues in India.
Working collaboratively with and supporting other teams, including Sales, Partnerships, Public Policy and Trust & Safety, Compliance, Sales, HR and Finance.
Law degree (LL.M. preferred) with a strong academic record and qualified to practice law in India.
- At least 7 years of relevant post-qualification experience as an attorney-at-law or Advocate. Current Legal Counsels and Senior Legal Counsels are encouraged to apply.
- At least 3 years of relevant in-house or secondment experience with a digital media, advertising or technology company.
- Significant experience with intellectual property, internet, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, antitrust/competition law, litigation, compliance, advertising and contract law as well as dealing with law enforcement inquiries, and interacting with government agencies and trade associations.
- Successful track record of working collaboratively across the world with colleagues in different time zones.
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting and hard-working.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be fluent in English and fluency in Hindi and/or other Indian languages is a plus.
For full details and online application, click here.