Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL) Mumbai invites participation of Law Schools across Maharashtra in furtherance of the initiative to bring to the legal fraternity a fresh approach to problem analysis and crisis resolution.
The Treaty Appreciation Competition has been modeled on the procedures of various bodies in the international sphere entrusted with the task of evaluating and appraising the legality, consistency, and rationality of treaties, codifications or other legislative documents. TAC aims at mobilizing a culture of innovation and problem-solving. The Module for this year revolves around International Covenant On Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
Participants are expected to launch an examination of the Competition Module presented to them, which will comprise legislation, or a codification, or amendments to the aforementioned relevant to the theme of the competition. The participants critique the proposition therein and recommend alteration, deletion or additions.
Team Member Eligibility
All students of any university on a full-time or part-time basis in a 3- year LLB or a 5-year Integrated BA/BBA/BSC/BCOM/BLS LLB course at the time of the competition are eligible to compete in the Competition. Prospective teams from Government Law College, Mumbai, please note that eligibility is extended to the teams on the basis of the ranks secured in the M-JDC rounds held in the month of October 2018.
Team Composition and Selection
Each team will consist of two (2) members. Each team shall be assigned a country for the purpose of adherence to procedure. Change in team composition shall not be permitted once the names are registered with SPIL Mumbai, except at the sole discretion of the organizers.
The format of the Critique
- Critiques must be typed and reproduced on white standard A4 paper (21 x 29 ¾ centimetres) except for the cover page, where green colored paper must be used. The font and size of the text of all parts of the Critique must be the same and must be in Times New Roman 12-point. (except cover page).
- The text of all parts of each Critique must have one and a half spacing, except that the text of footnotes and headings may be single-spaced. Quotations of 50 words or more in any part of the Critique shall be block quoted (i.e. right and left indented) and may be single-spaced.
- Each Team shall submit all Team members’ names to [email protected].
- Teams can register online through the google form (link attached below). Such online registrations must be followed by a mail from the team confirming their participation.
- Team members’ names must be clearly typed in the mail, giving special attention to the spelling of each Team member’s name.
- The registration fee for Treaty Appreciation Competition 2019 is INR 500. For online registration, payment can be made through either G-Pay or PayTm in the name of SPIL MUMBAI -+919920086903
- Cash payments are to be made before 28th March 2019 to – Priyanka Rathore, President, Students for the Promotion of International Law, Mumbai Government Law College, ‘A’ Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400020 Maharashtra, India
Submission of the Critique
- All Critique submissions must conform to the following general requirements. Teams will be penalized for failure to abide by these requirements.
- Each team shall prepare a critique. Soft copies must be submitted before 7th April 2019. Soft Copies must be e-mailed to [email protected] on or before 7th April, 2019.
- Three (3) Hard Copies of the Critique must be submitted on the date of the competition.
- Best Team – INR 10,000
- Runners UP- INR 7500 (To be decided on the basis of cumulative scores of the team for the Written Critique as well as Oral Rounds)
- Best Member – INR 7500 (To be awarded on the basis of individual scores of participants during the Oral Rounds)
- Best Critique – INR 3500 (To be awarded solely on the basis of the score for the Written Critique).
President, Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai, Government Law College
‘A’ Road, Churchgate, Mumbai- 400 020 Maharashtra- India
Mobile No- (+91-99200 86903)
E-mail: [email protected]
Lawctopus is proud to support this competition as a media partner.