A paid traineeship of 5 months with the European Commission (or some executive bodies and agencies of the European Institutions like, for instance, the European External Action Service or Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation), starting on either 1st March or 1st October.
You will receive a monthly grant of some €1,120 and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance can also be provided.
What’s the work like?
Trainees work all over the European Commission. The content of the job largely depends on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy … A typical trainee’s daily work mainly consists of:
- attending and organising meetings, working groups, forums, public hearings,
- researching and compiling documentation, reports, consultations; answering queries,
- running projects.
Who can apply?
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates from all over the world who have a:
- degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a bachelor),
- very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
Full details are HERE.
NOTE: If you are a law student based in India and if you get this traineeship and if you then look for a sponsorship, Lawctopus will help you in getting one! We cannot guarantee anything, but we’ll surely introduce you to some of our contacts.