The Editorial Board of invites submissions for Volume II, Issue I of the TAMIL NADU NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW – a faculty-cum-student run bi-annual, double-blind, peer-reviewed journal on contemporary legal issues.
Students, academicians and members of the legal community are welcome to submit papers to the TNNLU Law Review under one of the following categories. An abstract not exceeding 200 words must accompany the paper.
Types of Submission
Long Articles (5000 – 8000 Words): Submissions under this category must present a comprehensive study of a central theme, along with the identification and analysis of related sub-themes.
Short Articles/Notes (3000-5000 words): Submissions under this category must deal with contemporary legal issues. It should directly address a specific issue and must be engaging and concise.
Case Comments (1500 – 2500 Words): Case comments must be a critical analysis of recent judicial pronouncements. It must identify and examine the questions of law present in the case and comment on implications of the judgment for the evolution of that branch of law.
Book Review (1500-2500 words): Reviews of books relating to contemporary legal literature can be submitted under this category. The review should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive critique of the same.
Deadline for Submissions: 15th April, 2019
- TNNLU-LR accepts electronic submissions in MS Word (.doc/.docx) format only. Submissions should be sent via email to lawreview[AT]tnnlu.ac.in.
- The last date for sending manuscripts is 15th April, 2019.
- While there are no rigid thematic constraints, contributions should be within the scope of legal studies and allied interdisciplinary studies.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing.
- All footnotes must be uniform throughout the submission and conform to the ILI Rules of Footnoting. End notes are not to be used.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- All submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter mentioning the submission category, the title of the manuscript, institutional affiliation and contact details of the author(s).
- The body of the manuscript should not contain any personal details of the author, so as to enable anonymous screening and peer-review.
- The manuscript must be original and unpublished work and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Copyright of all submissions selected for publication shall exclusively vest with TNNLU.
- Final selection of contributions will be made on the basis of comments received from reviewers. We expect the selected contributors to incorporate this feedback. A hard copy of Volume II, Issue I of the TNNLU Law Review will be sent to each selected contributor.
This post was first published on:
21 Feb 2019