Think India is organizing series of events (Quiz Competition, Slogan Writing Competition, Poetry Writing competition, and Story Writing competition) for the purpose of fundraising and to raise awareness.
Think India with Adhyayan Foundation is organizing its first field event namely Project Rajaswala, where we are targeted to donate 25000 sanitary kits to underprivileged women of Indian Villages on International Women Day.
For the same purpose Think India is organizing series of events (Quiz Competition, Slogan Writing Competition, Poetry Writing competition and Story Writing competition) for the purpose of fundraising and to raise awareness. It is pertinent to note that the theme of all these events is entirely based on Menstruation and intended to promote awareness regarding the same.
About the Organizer
The Think India, Himachal Pradesh Chapter has been established as a subsidiary of Think India Organization in line with the common goals and objectives. At Think India, people are committed to becoming the beacon of change that may lead to a positive impact on the life of students. The organization embraces various organs and initiatives started with the motive of helping young minds to match their steps with the fast-moving world.
The Think India organization works for various causes such as promoting social harmony, upliftment of rural India, supporting gender justice, and initiating and encourage India-centric thoughts and activities on campuses and among the intelligentsia, etc.
About the Event
“Project Rajaswala” is a drive to share knowledge and spread awareness about the issues surrounding menstruation. It seeks to reach out to young girls via multiple platforms, providing them with a forum to learn about menstrual hygiene management and share their own experiences about menstrual taboos, choices, and practices.
These events are a fund-raising event by Think India and Adhyayan Foundation and all the amount collected will be used to buy sanitary napkins which are to be distributed in villages on 8th March 2021 by Team.
Event 1: Poetry Writing Competition
- Poetry Writing (Hindi category)
- Poetry Writing (English category)
The theme is “Breaking Free of Stigma of Menstruation”.
- Participants can choose a sub-theme under this broad theme.
- All poetry styles are considered. The minimum word limit permissible for the Poetry writing competition shall be 50 words.
- Creative submission will also be accepted.
Event 2: Slogan Writing Competition
- Slogan Writing (Hindi category)
- Slogan Writing (English category)
The Theme is “All About Mensuration”.
- This competition can be an amalgamation of art and writing, participants can also draw pictures to help demonstrate their ideas.
- The maximum word limit permissible for Slogan Writing Competition shall be 25 words.
- You can be as creative as you want, but your amalgamation must be clearly conveying your idea behind the theme and idea.
Event 3: Story Writing Competition
- Story Writing (Hindi category)
- Story Writing (English category)
The theme is “Confronting Challenges and Overcoming Taboos About Menstruation”.
- Participants can choose a sub-theme under this broad theme.
- The word limit permissible for a story shall be 500 to 2500 words.
- Creative submission is also accepted.
Event 4: Quiz Competition
- Questions will be asked to check the awareness of a participant on basic facts related to menstruation.
- Further, through practical based questions, the necessary sensitivity related to the topic will be adjudged.
- Extraordinary knowledge of the facts or situations is not expected from a participant.
- The quiz shall take place Online and it will include only Multiple-Choice Questions in the English Language.
- The quiz is open for all. It will be conducted on 28th February 2021.
- This competition is open to Resident Indian citizens only above the age of 14 years (as of 1st January 2021) irrespective of their Education, Profession/Occupation, etc.
- The Registration fee is Rs. 50/- per event to participate in the Competition.
- If a person wants to participate in all four events: 100/-.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but each entry must be sent and registered separately.
- Separate Rulebooks for each event will be provided to participants after their successful registration.
- All the Entries i.e., slogan and poetry must be original and should not violate anyone else rights.
- Entries must not contain any provocative, objectionable, or inappropriate content.
Awards and Certificates
- Participants who stand at 1st and 2nd position in each category (i.e., Slogan writing – Hindi & English, Poetry writing-Hindi & English, Story writing – Hindi & English and Quiz): ‘Exciting Prizes‘, ‘Certificate of Merit‘ and ‘Letter of Appreciation‘/’Letter of Recommendation‘.
- Also, for the Poetry and Story writing competition, participants will get a chance to present their poetry or story at the national event via an online medium.
- In addition to the above prizes, Think India is at liberty to award the “Consolation Prize” to such participants who could not make it to the first two positions but their work is of great quality.
- Awards and Certificates to the participant and winning contestants shall be given at the Valedictory Ceremony which is scheduled to be held on 8th March 2021 (4 PM) at an Online Event.
- All participants whose entries have been submitted successfully shall be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation‘.
Submission Deadline & Registration
- The registration and submission of entries are to be made on or before 12 hrs (IST) on 25th February 2021.
- The participant must pay and get themselves register through the link below and a soft copy of entries for evaluation must be submitted at the same only. After successful submission of the entry, the participant will receive an acknowledgment of the same with the Entry code & other guidelines.
To register, click the link given at then of this post.
Write to thinkindiahimachalpradesh[at]gmail.com
Contact Number: +91 7355190904
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.