In an attempt to present a delicate amalgamation of the enriched culture and history of Assam along with the acknowledgement of academician’s responsibility towards strengthening societal inclusiveness, Think India team of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam proudly announces its mega cultural event “Lachit Diwas” to be held on 24th of November, 2018.
About Lachit Diwas
Lachit Borphukon was the commander-general of the Ahom army who, with his superior war tactics, led the Ahoms victorious against the mighty Mughal army and recaptured Kamrup in the Battle of Saraighat, 1671.
It was because of Lachit that Mughals could never enter the territory of Assam and the culture of Assam remained undefiled. Whole of the nation especially Assam celebrates the auspicious occasion of Lachit’s birth anniversary as Lachit Diwas in order to commemorate the valor and pride of Assam.
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam recognizes its responsibility to pay homage to the great leader as the permanent campus of the university is situated on the very location where the historic Battle of Saraighat was fought. Think India team of NLUJAA therefore presents ‘Lachit Diwas’ encapsulating cultural and literary events to be held in the university campus itself.
About Think India
Think India is known as a premiere student organization which endeavours to provide learning platform to students from various disciplines with a view to encourage and promote thorough and relevant academic discussions by way of undertaking various incentives time and again.
The core motive of the organization lies in increasing participation of elite institutes of the country in the process nation building by inculcation of nationalistic spirit in the students of the country.
About The Essay Competition
As a part of the main event, the Think India NLUJAA chapter, in cooperation with the NLUJAA authorities, is organizing Think India, NLUJAA National Essay Writing Competition (Online), 2018. The essay writing competition is intended to provide academicians with an opportunity to study, examine and contribute in the academic works intended towards national welfare.
With an aim to encourage the energetic young students of the country to come up with new ideas and suggestions in this endeavour, the broad theme of the competition is reserved as “Linguistic Divide in North-East India: Challenges and Remedies”. The organizing team has opted against restricting the scope by providing any sub-themes and the writers are therefore encouraged to write on any aspect under the said theme.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate, postgraduate as well as school students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ School/ Institute in India.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Last Date of Submission of Essay: November 22, 2018 (11:59 p.m.)
- Date of Declaration of the Result: November 24, 2018 (The details of the winners along with the results will be informed by email.)
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Plagiarism beyond 30% will lead to disqualification.
- The name(s) or affiliation(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 2500 – 3500 words excluding footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th
- The essays must be sent by e-mail to [email protected]with the subject “Think India, NLUJAA National Essay Writing Competition”.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The essay may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
The participants are required to mention the following details in the word document containing the essay (not in the body of the essay) attached to the e-mail:
- a) Title of the Essay:
- b) Name(s) of the Author(s):
- c) College/Institute/University/School of Author(s):
- d) E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s):
1st Prize: Rs. 1000
2nd Prize: Rs. 750
Note:- Prize money will be transferred to the winners through any facile mode possible.
- There is no requirement of registration formalities to be completed in order to participate in the competition. No registration fee is to be paid for the same.
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- A panel of evaluators shall be constituted to select the winning entries. The decision of the Panel shall be final and binding.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel/disqualify any of the entry if found in violation of the guidelines for Submission.
For any queries, please contact:
Devang Gaur, Co-convenor, Think India, NLUJAA
Contact no.: +91 7417713001
Email: [email protected]