The JSLPG (Journal of Sports Law, Policy and Governance) is a peer-reviewed open-access journal published under the aegis of North-East Students for the Furtherance of International Law (NESFIL), in collaboration with the National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam (NLUJAA).
The JSLPG is published bi-annually in the niche area of International Sports Law, Sports Policy and Sports Governance. The JSLPG is the first and the only journal in India of its type to encourage the study of Sports Law in the light of Policy, Governance and other allied issues.
Extra-Cover is a blog hosted under the banner of Journal of Sports Law, Policy and Governance, which is patronised by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. It is founded with the objective of providing a platform for a discussion on recent developments in the field of Sports Law. The blog aims to spread greater awareness of contemporary issues by reaching out to the readers effectively.
Who Can Contribute?
Journal for Sports Law, Policy and Governance invites guest contributions to its blog: Extra-Cover. Offers for contributions are welcome from early career researchers, policy-makers, senior academics, lawyers, practitioners and students.
What Do We Expect?
Blog posts could cover any area of Sports Law with an element of explanation and analysis of the development of a legal issue in a succinct manner. It will also attempt to seek contributions which are not strictly scholarly (can be sports policy and governance oriented) but are interesting to read and research upon. For that matter, the blog will feature the latest updates, news analysis, opinions, legislative critiques and enlightening stories from the world of sports law, all in one place.
We are currently accepting submissions for our blog on a rolling basis. If you wish to publish your views on our blog, please email them to extracovertheblog[at]gmail.com with the subject Submissions for Blog_Name of the Blog_ Your Name.
If you would like your blog piece to include a photo and a short biography, please include this information separately in your submission email.
The Peer-Review Editors may, in their absolute discretion, waive any of the above rules or amend this process.
Extra-Cover prides itself on the legacy of the JSLPG Sports Law Journal and will not publish a blog-post if we (The Peer-Review Board) are not satisfied that it is of sufficiently high quality, both in terms of presentation and argument, under any circumstances.
- Interested contributors are requested to send their respective articles in .doc/.docx format.
- Posts should have informative titles from which a reader can tell what the post is about.
- The word limit for a post is 1000-1500 words (Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5).
- Posts should be clear and concise, leaving out excessive jargon and flowery verbiage. Posts which are submitted must be thoroughly proofread and must conform to good/accepted norms of legal academic/blog style.
- Editorial Board is flexible in accepting longer posts, but they will be published in parts. A short excerpt describing the core issue dealt in the main body should be present along with blogpost.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to two contributors. Authors are also permitted to crosspost on/from other blogs but with the prior permission of Editorial Board of Extra-Cover and the coordinator of other blog.
- Contributors are expected to use hyperlinks instead of footnotes. They can use endnotes to cite those sources which cannot be accessed online.
- Receipt of submissions shall be conveyed in 3 working days from the date of submission and the decision regarding the publication will be communicated in a week’s time.
By submitting a post to the blog, the Contributor guarantees that the post is a product of their work and is unpublished. All copyright claims should be the sole liability of the blog author and Extra-Cover entail no liability in case of a lawsuit. Contributors also permit the Extra-Cover to use their post, with full attribution but without further consent, on a non-commercial basis in online and offline publications.
For more information on JSLPG and Extra-Cover, feel free to write to us at jslpg[at]nluassam.ac.in or contact us on +91-7896524945, +91-8638553283
In case, you want to know more about the team and our review process, feel free to drop an email on nesfil[at]nluassam.ac.in
The website link is here.
For the details of the blog, click here.
For full details, click here.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.