About the Organisation
The Legal Insider is a rapidly growing community of niche academicians, thinkers, activists, lawyers, professors, legal volunteers, paralegals and legal entrepreneurs who stand apart from the rest of the community with their zeal for deep thinking, leadership skills, and dedication for bringing innovation to the legal field.
The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable readers to explore challenges that lie before lawmakers, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever-changing social, economic and technological scenario.
About the Competition
The 1st National Case commentary competition has been conceived with the aim to give the exposure to the students to comprehend complex situations and identifying the legal problems or lacunae in the case. This competition can help students in reaching the conclusion of any case by adopting any particular approach.
Note: The Legal Insider will provide sample and guidance to the first-timers for a better understanding of this competition. Try participating in this event so that you can learn something new this year.
Participants have the liberty to choose any one case from the below-mentioned list:
- Indian Railways Construction Co. Ltd v. Ajay Kumar
- Waman Rao v. Union of India
- State of Bihar v. Bihar Pensioner Samaj
- Indira Gandhi v. Raj Narain (1975)
- ADM Jabalpur v. Shivakant Shukla
- Mohd Ahmed Khan v. Shah Bano Begum (1985)
- Indra Sawhney v. Union of India
This shall be an online event.
At present students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B/ 5-year LL.B/6-year LL.B course from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university or preparing for the judiciary.
In one team, no more than 3 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are allowed.
The last date of registration: 24th February 2021
The date of submission: 28th February 2021
Date of result: 6th March 2021
- 1st prize: Rs 3,000/- & an E-Certificate of Merit.
- 2nd prize: Rs. 1,500/- & an E-Certificate of Merit.
- Top 12 ranks will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit.
- Selected case-commentaries of participants are entitled to have their work to be published on our website.
- The content should be the original work of the writer and should not have been given to any other competition or for any publication. Plagiarized content shall not be entertained.
- A soft copy of the participation certificate will be provided to every eligible participant.
Fill out the form below to register yourself.
For registration, follow the link: https://forms.gle/G5f2we7992AGJ2PFA
Fill out your Name, Year of Study, Branch, and University details along with the screenshot of the payment for completion of registration in the form.
Rs. 150/- (For single Participant)
Rs. 300/- (Co-Authorship upto 3 members)
A team may have a maximum of three participants.
You can use the mode of Google Pay 9720281573
- Account Number: 518702010060803
- IFSC code: UBINO551872
- Account holder’s name: Sidhanta Sarkar
E-mail ID: insiderthelegal[at]gmail.com
WhatsApp Number: 9720281573
Note: This is a sponsored post.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.