About the Organisation
Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR) is an independent nonprofit, research and educational organization dedicated to producing quality research to help in the formulation, assessment, and implementation of public policies.
About the Publication
The Democratic Line
Published from Lucknow, The Democratic Line is a monthly journal issued under the name of AFPRG, a policy think tank (registration- NPC [section 8] Companies Act)
“INSPIRE AND ASPIRE”
The distinctive feature of The Democratic Line is to bring together the academicians, researchers, policymakers, lawyers, experts and activists coming from different fields to debate and discuss various social science disciplines (Political Studies, Legal Studies, Economic Studies, International Relations) and bring in a unique platform for both knowledge and
Adhyayan Foundation is coming out with the forth edition of “The Democratic Line” for which it is inviting contributions under the heads “Cover Story”, “Essay” and “From the Corridors of Justice” the themes of which are given below.
Structure of the Magazine and Respective Themes
Cover Story: This segment is inviting entries under the following heads under the broader theme of “Cyber Space, Policy, Regulation and Law”. The sub-heads are as follows:
- Cyberspace Jurisdiction
- Cyber Crimes and the policy of borderlessness
- Cyber Regulation
- Internet of Things and Industrial Revolution
- Data Protection and Privacy
The list is not exhaustive and contributions are invited under the following two categories for “Cover Story”:
Long Article (2000-3000 words, excluding endnotes): Articles must comprehensively analyse a contemporary policy or legal issue that the author(s) seeks to highlight. Articles would include research articles and theoretical discussions on such theme of policy or law. It must either indicate the lacunae therein or, attempt to suggest possible changes, which can address the said lacunae or alternatively holistically cover the subject matter while offering a critical analysis of the chosen theme.
Short Article (2000 words, excluding endnotes): Articles must be concise and condensed in their scope and conceptualisation vis-a-vis long articles. They must challenge existing principles and provide a fresh interpretation of an issue.
Essay: (2000 words, excluding endnotes): Contributions are invited in this segment pertaining to any social, policy or legal issue of contemporary relevance. The essay must be an analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions.
From the Corridors of Justice: (1500- 2000 words, excluding endnotes): Articles are invited under this segment to discuss and deliberate upon latest developments in the legal arena which is of social relevance. It must be an analysis of a recent judgement, bringing out its relevance in light of development of laws, views expressed in the judgement and views of the author(s).
Law students pursuing either three-year LL. B, or the five-year integrated LL.B. program, as well as students pursuing their LL.M. or Ph.D. Research Scholars, Law Professionals, Academicians and Representatives of NGOs, are also eligible for contributions towards the magazine.
Submission Procedure and Guidelines
- All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words, which should be included within the document of the manuscript itself.
- Emails must be sent with the subject line <Submission TDL, Issue 4>, <Category Head>, <Category Sub-head(if any)>.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (body: size 12, line spacing: 1.50; footnotes: size 10, line spacing: 1.00).
- The Magazine uses only endnotes (and not footnotes) as a method of citation. The endnotes must follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- The submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter with details regarding the name of the author(s), email address, contact number and name and address of the institution, academic qualifications/affiliations of the author(s), title of the manuscript.
- The author(s) must provide a declaration of originality with regards to their submission in the body of the email.
- The manuscript itself must not contain any information as to the name(s) of the author(s), the institution, address or any other information that may reveal or indicate their identity.
- Co-authorship is permitted for up to 2 authors. For all categories of submissions.
- Submissions made should be on an exclusive basis i.e., the submission should be unpublished and should not be under any concurrent consideration.
- All follow-up emails must be sent in the original thread of submission only.
- All submissions must be made to thedemocraticline[at]gmail.com before 23:59 hours, 15th October 2020.
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- LegalPedia Journal [LPJ, ISSN 2581-7949]: Submit by September 24
- Supremo Amicus Vol 21+ 20th Research Paper Competition, INDEXED (Google Scholar), PIF:6.242 [Prizes Worth Rs. 30k + Internship]: Submit by Sep 20
- Pen Acclaims [ISSN: 2581-5504, Issue 12]: Publication Fee Rs. 1K, Submit by Sep 15, Hard Copy of Certificate Available
- Edited Book on Women in Contemporary India: Issues and Challenges: Submit by Sep 25
- International Journal of Socio-Legal Research [ISSN: 2393-8250, Vol 6, Issue 4]: Submit by Sep 30
- Lex Research Hub Journal on Law & Multidisciplinary Issues [ISSN 2582 – 211X, Vol 1, Issue 4]: Submit by Sep 25
- Asian Journal of Academic Studies [AJAS, Volume 1 Issue 6]: Submit by Sep 15
- Legal Foxes Law Times [ISSN Number: 2582-6034, INDEXED, Vol II, Issue I]: Submit by Sep 20
- Jurisperitus: The Law Journal [ISSN 2581-6349, Indexed, Vol 2, Issue 4]: Prize Worth Rs. 10K, Submit by Sep 20
- International Journal for Legal Research and Analysis [ISSN 2582-6433, Vol 1 Issue 3]: Prize Worth 7K, Submit by Sep 25
- International Journal of Legal Science and Innovation [ISSN 2581-9453, Manupatra, Indexed, Vol 2, Issue 2]: Submit by Sep 12
- LexForti Legal Journal [Vol 2, Issue 1, ISSN 2582-2942]: Prize Worth Rs. 10K, Submit by Sep 25
- White Black Legal Journal of Law [Vol 2 Issue 5, Indexed, PIF 6.435]: Submit by September 14