The primary focus of TERI University LLM with specialization in Environment and Natural Resources Law stream is to understand how the legal framework can reorient economic activity towards sustainability.
1. International environmental law(Core)
2. Mining and mineral laws(Core)
3. Environmental aspects of business activities (Core)
TERI University LLM with specialization in Infrastructure and Business Law will address the policies and laws relating to major sectors viz., transport (including railways and civil aviation), energy, telecommunications, urban infrastructure, and water.
1. Legal aspects of bidding and public private partnership (Core)
2. Infrastructure project finance law (Core)
3. Contracts law and management (Core)
4. Business and taxation laws in infrastructure projects (Core)
5. Telecommunication law (Elective)
6. Urban infrastructure law and management (Elective)
7. Electricity law, reforms and practice (Elective)
8. Land acquisitions, resources conflict and management (Elective)
Highlights of TERI University LLM
Courses designed in consultation with industry and focussing on national and international developments.
Courses aimed at balancing theoretical rigour and practical application.
Wide variety of optional courses taught by legal professionals. (Law firm partners, Retired Judges and Advocates)
Skills development through research assignments, group-works, and seminars.
Grants available for carrying out Dissertation on merit basis
Why Study TERI University LLM?
LL.M. degree prepares a candidate to become a teacher, researcher, litigating lawyer or a corporate lawyer.
An inter-disciplinary perspective is required at this level and the course curriculum and pedagogy offered by TERI University correspond to the needs of such an interdisciplinary learning.
TERI University has been offering courses in law in various programmes over time. In addition, a number of short term programmes in law have been successfully organised in the recent past.
The research projects at TERI and TERI University have focused on legal issues in an interdisciplinary setting. These reports are good starting points for classroom discussions.
Admission to the LL.M. programme is made on the basis of an all India online test and interview of shortlisted candidates.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.