Hey, aspirants! Welcome to Lawctopus’ Judiciary Corner.
Today, we bring to you another informative article on judicial exams.
Let’s discuss the Telangana Judicial Services Examination. If you are planning to appear for the upcoming exam, then continue reading to know about the eligibility criteria, syllabus, and vacancies.
About the Telangana Judicial Services Examination
The High Court for the state of Telangana releases the notification for the post of Civil Judge by direct recruitment or by transfer in Telangana Judicial Services.
The pay for such posts is Rs. 27,700 to 44,770/-
Telangana Judicial Services Exam Eligibility
- The candidate must possess a degree in law from a University in India and;
- Candidates must have been practicing as an advocate in court for a period not less than three years on the date of notification or recruitment to the post;
- Candidate must have attained the age of 25 but no more than 35 in the case of OC category and 40 years in the case of SC/ST and Socially and Educationally Backward class or;
- Must be a law graduate possessing a degree in law from a recognized University and have secured an overall 60% and above marks in acquiring such law degree and in case of open categories and 55% and above marks in respect of other reserved categories and has not enrolled as an advocate and;
- The candidate should be 23 years. The persons who have enrolled as an advocate but do not possess three years of practice at the Bar would be eligible to appear in the recruitment for the post of Civil Judge, under the category for a fresh law graduate, provided they satisfy the other requisite eligible criteria.
Note: All the candidates applying for the posts of Civil Judge under direct recruitment or by transfer must be able to read and write the Telugu language.
Telangana Judicial Services Examination Application Procedure and Fees
The application procedure is online. Candidates should read the notification carefully whenever filling out the form.
- OC/BC: Rs. 1000
- SC/ST- Rs. 500
Telangana Judicial Services Examination Centres
Preliminary Exam centers are:
After the declaration of Screening Test results, the High Court will decide the venue for the written examination.
Telangana Judicial Services Vacancies 2022
For the year 2022, the notification is yet to be released.
In 2020, a total of 70 vacancies were released for the post of Civil Judge in the Telangana State Judicial Services.
To get notified regarding the upcoming notification and vacancies, click here.
Telangana Judicial Services Examination Syllabus and Scheme
The preliminary round is a computer-based test for 100 marks comprising of 100 multiple choice objective-type questions.
Candidates will get two hours for completion of the test.
The candidate who secures 40% and above in the screening test will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:10 of the available vacancies, for calling for a written examination.
Marks obtained in the preliminary round of Telangana Judicial Services are not added to the final result.
Note: In the selection process (Screening Test, Written Examination, and Viva-Voce) the proficiency and knowledge of applicants will be tested in the following:
|Civil Laws||Criminal Laws|
|Code of Civil Procedure, 1908||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973|
|Indian Contract Act||Indian Penal Code, 1860|
|Hindu Marriage Act, 1955||Indian Evidence Act, 1872|
|Hindu Succession Act, 1956||Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881|
|Indian Easement Act, 1882||Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2006|
|Specific Relief Act, 1963||Criminal Rules of Practice|
|Limitation Act, 1963||A.P Excise Act, 1968|
|Transfer of Property Act, 1882||A.P Gaming Act, 1974|
|Civil Rules of Practice||Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act|
|Registration Act, 1908 and Indian Stamp Act, 1899|
|A.P. Land Encroachment Act, 1905|
|Andhra Pradesh Building (Lease, Rent & Eviction) Control Act 1960|
Telangana Judicial Services Mains Examination
It will include three papers namely- Civil Law, Criminal Law, and English Translation. Each paper carries 100 marks. The duration of each paper is three hours.
For Civil and Criminal Law, the syllabus is the same as the preliminary examination.
For the English paper, the following are the part of the syllabus:
The Translation test is of 30 marks. Translation has to be made from the English Language to either Hindi or Telugu Language only. A candidate must qualify in paper III (English) by securing 40% qualifying marks.
English Essay Writing and Grammar Vocabulary test
Essay writing is of 70 marks. The topic of essays will be legal subjects only.
Note: Marks secured in paper III are not counted to determine merit.
Telangana Judicial Services Viva-Voce
The candidate applying for appointment under direct recruitment or by transfer, who has secured not less than 60% of marks in Papers 1 and II each in the written examination shall be eligible for an interview carrying 50 marks.
For SC/ST candidates, the minimum marks are 50%.