About the Opportunity
UN Women seeks the services of a Technical Consultant to support the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of NCT of Delhi in gender-responsive design, execution, and monitoring of its initiatives on women’s economic empowerment (WEE).
About UN Women
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In 2015, on 25 September, the United Nations General Assembly adopted unanimously the Resolution 70/1 Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Gender equality and women’s empowerment is at the heart of the agenda, as numerous goals and targets address structural barriers to achieve equal rights and opportunities between women and men, girls and boys.
One of the key areas of concern is the economic empowerment of women. It is expressed in targets and indicators of SDG 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) and SDG 8 (Promote inclusive and sustainable development, decent work and employment for all).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting in the formulation and implementation of women’s economic empowerment (WEE) initiatives in the areas of, but not limited to, skill-building, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- Providing technical inputs on gender in the policies, programs, schemes, initiatives on WEE
- Supporting in the creation of strategic partnerships
- Supporting in developing a results-based monitoring and management system to track the progress of initiatives
- Ensuring continuous assessment of performance in terms of the relevance of results, sustainability, responsibility and accountability, appropriateness, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing as required by DWCD around the following:
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Drafting, developing and tailoring materials, publications, brochures, targeted at specific audiences, to support the program
- Drafting speeches & presentations for senior management to be delivered to a range of audiences
- Ensuring smooth coordination between relevant key stakeholder.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on development projects; particularly in the context of women’s economic empowerment
- Knowledge of and experience in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks.
- Previous experience with M&E, Reporting and Documentation for International Agencies including the UN System is desirable.
- Good writing skills and the ability to explain technical terms in a non-technical language;
- Desired Skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of issues pertaining to women’s economic empowerment
- Concept clarity on project planning and monitoring, including logical frameworks and indicators;
- Excellent analytical skills and prior experience in both quantitative and qualitative data analyses;
- Working knowledge of gender and sex-disaggregated statistics would be an asset;
- Experience in using a statistical package such as SPSS/STATA;
- Previous exposure to gender-related projects, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and M&E assignments
- Language: Strong written skills in English and good command of Hindi as a medium of communication.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates commitment to UN Women’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Functional Competencies:
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
- Ability to provide input to and use new IT based systems.
- Criteria for shortlisting of CVs will be based on the following assessment:
- Required Degree and Qualification (5 points)
- Expertise and Experience relevant to the assignment (10 points)
- Demonstrable experience in policy advocacy with the government and other stakeholders (5 points)
- The evaluation process for the selection of the candidate will be based on the following assessment:
- Written Test (20 points)
- Interview (80 points)
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.