Aditya Birla Group is looking to hire legal professionals for the job post of Team Member-Legal, in Mumbai (Maharashtra).
About Aditya Birla Group
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd., d/b/a Aditya Birla Group, is an Indian multinational conglomerate, headquartered in Worli, Maharashtra, India. It operates in 34 countries with more than 120,000 employees. The group was founded by Seth Shiv Narayan Birla in 1857.
About the Job Opportunity
Applications are invited from experienced legal professionals to work with Aditya Birla Group in the role of Team Member-Legal, in Maharashtra.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing various kinds of agreements and other legal documents to ensure that legal risks are minimized or eliminated and also ensure compliance of Company’s internal risk parameters/policies as well as applicable laws or regulations
- Standardizing of agreements
- Detailed review of legal documents to identify potential risks to the business
- Raise red flags and make recommendations to the business to resolve issues
- Participate in meetings with counterparts’/business team to discuss and negotiate the terms of contracts
- Assist in due diligence, identifying and addressing key issues
- Quick turnaround of documents
Handling Disputes, Arbitration, and Litigation
- Litigation management through Provakil – ensure all litigation pertaining to the respective cluster is there in Provakil & ensure update of Provakil on real time basis
- Identify the cases which can be closed/frivolous or small value cases which can be closed; Engage with the team for closure of frivolous or small value cases
- Identify Advocates and brief them with all the facts and try to provide In – House closure of litigation related issues wherever possible
- Key Litigation update as and when it progresses
- To draft all litigation related documents such as notices/reply thereto, Suits, Writ Petitions, Criminal Complaints, Written Statement/Reply etc
- Attending hearing before Court/Tribunals, follow up with advocates
- Audit review of the respective units in the downstream business and identifying gaps.
- Action-plan and follow up for remediation of the identified gaps post Audit.
- Keep E&Y tool updated with changes in law/regulations.
- Keep business updated with changes in law/ regulations on real time basis.
- Identify gaps in operational process and suggest improvements to existing SOPs, implement new process with appropriate SOPs/providing timely guidelines
- Suggest best practices and improvement areas continuously in standard agreements
- Assist in stabilization of ProVakil, roll out reports to business clients for real time update on litigation status/updates
Personal Development and Knowledge Building
- Updating the teams on all the regulatory & legal laws as applicable to the business
- Capability building of self and team
Bachelor of Law
Minimum Experience Level
How to Apply?
- Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the landing page.
- Click on the ‘Apply for this job’ button and start your application procedure.