Chanakya National Law University is an autonomous law school in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education. The Chief Justice of Patna High Court is the ex officio chancellor of the university.
Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna, Bihar 800001, India
An eminent scholar having a PhD degree in law, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria are given in Appendix I.
A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at the equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided the doctoral candidate.
An outstanding professional, having a PhD degree in law, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- A good academic record, with a PhD Degree in law.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix I.
A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a PhD Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of MPhil/PhD Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the PhD programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such PhD candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
- The PhD degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
- The PhD thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
- An open PhD viva voce of the candidate has been conducted.
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her PhD work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal.
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her PhD work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
- Publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals as per the criteria are given in Appendix I.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar of the University concerned.
The PhD degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE)
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Professor: In the pay scale of as per 7CPC (Academic Level 14 with rationalized entry pay of 1,44,200/-) with other admissible allowances.
Associate Professor: In the pay scale of as per 7CPC (Academic Level 13A with rationalized entry pay of 1,31,400/-) with other admissible allowances.
Assistant Professor: In the pay scale of as per 7CPC (Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of 57,700/-) with other admissible allowances.
How to apply?
To apply online, click here.
The application form duly filled in along with the self-attested copies of Degree/Certificates/Mark Sheets/Experience Certificates/ Matriculation Certificate for ascertaining the date of birth should reach the Office of The Registrar, Chanakya National Law University, Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna 800001 Bihar by 5.00 pm on or before 25th July 2019.
For the official notification, click here.