Karnataka State Law University KSLU) is seeking to hire for teaching and other academic roles. Read on for complete details.
About Karnataka Law University
Karnataka State Law University is established to transform Karnataka State into a legally conscious society, by providing quality legal education that is professionally competent and socially relevant so as to realize the constitutional primordial goal of social, economic and political justice and secure human rights to every common man. Strive to promote the culture of law and justice in the institutions of State, Non-government organizations and every individual by providing informal legal education training and legal service. Above all, inoculate in everyone a spirit of high moral and human values.
About the Job Opportunity
Number of Positions and Vacancy Breakdown
- Professor in Law: 01
- SC (Open): 01
- Associate Professor in Law: 2
- ST (Open): 01
- Cat-I: 01
- Assistant Professor in Law: 2
- SC (Women): 01
- GM (Women): 01
- Assistant Professor in Non-Law and Other Academic Staffs
- GM (Physically Handicapped): 01 (Blindness and low vision) for Management Studies
- GM (Open): 01 for Management Studies
- GM (Rural): 01 for History
- II A (Woman): 01 for Kannada
- II B (Open): 01 for Assistant Director of Physical Education & Sports
- Hyderabad-Karnataka [Assistant Professor in Non-Law]: 3
- GM (Woman): 01 (English)
- SC (Open): 01 (Economics)
- ST (Open): 01 (Political Sciences)
Note: This post shall only highlight relevant details about the teaching and other academic roles in law. For details about the non-law roles, please refer to the official notification.
Professor in Law (Either A or B)
1. An eminent scholar having a PhD degree in Law and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in appendix II, Table-2.
2. A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in university College as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Professor, and/or research experience at the equivalent level at the University / National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
An outstanding professional, having a PhD degree in Law from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/ industry, who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge of Law supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has 10 years experience.
Associate Professor in Law
1. A good academic record, with a PhD Degree in Law,
2. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (Or an equivalent grade on a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed)
3) A minimum of 8 years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic /research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of 7 publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table-2.
Assistant Professor in Law (Either A or B)
1. A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
2. The PhD Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in University with effect from 01-07-2021 (UGC Regulations 2018, Clause No. 3.10).
The PhD degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following.
(i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
(ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or
(iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) the Shan (Shanghai). Tong University
Note: The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) for Universities, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can download the application format from the official website of Karnataka State Law University.
- Applications shall be accompanied by online SBI collect e-Receipt for the application fee payment.
- Application Fee:
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 700/ Application Fee + Rs. 1200/- Processing Fee
- Associate Professor: Rs. 700/- Application Fee + Rs. 1800/- Processing Fee
- Professor: Rs. 700/- Application Fee + Rs. 1800/- Processing Fee (50% concession in processing fees in the case of SC/ST/Cat-1).
- Applicants should enclose certified documents of
- marks cards,
- degree certificates,
- rank certificates,
- reservation category certificates,
- gold medals,
- awards and other achievements.
- Applicants should enclose copies of their publications published strictly in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2018 aforementioned.
- Candidates applying for more than one post, should apply with separate application form and online SBI collect e-Receipts for each post.
- Application form (8 Sets) duly complete in all respects along with the online SBI collect e-Receipts should be submitted to
The Registrar, Karnataka State Law University, Navanagar, Hubballi-580025 (Karnataka).
The duly filled-in application forms must reach the address mentioned above, on or before September 27, 2021.
The selected candidates must be prepared to work in any post-graduate centre coming under the jurisdiction of Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi.
Click here for the official notification.