The Seminar Committee of Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University is organising a National Symposium on “Reservation Policy in Contemporary India: Scope, Necessity and Challenges” to initiate a dialogue on the complex and varied narratives circumscribing the reservation policy in Indis.
Organised on the occasion of the 52nd death anniversary of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, remembered as the originator of Other Backward Classes(OBC) reservations, the symposium seeks to commemorate his memory by initiating discussion on a cause that he championed all through his life.
- To discuss the evolution of reservation as a tool for social reform.
- EWS as a emerging ground for reservation moving ahead of casteism.
- Discussing the after effects of reservation at grass-root level and the road ahead.
- Analysing the ideal situation to bring an end to reservation.
The following speakers shall be gracing the Symposium:
- Prof. M.P. Singh
- Justice D.K. Upahyaya (Allahabad High Court)
- Prof. Sanjay Singh (RMLNLU)
- Prof. V.S. Mishra (BHU.
Date: 12th October, 2019
Venue: Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
Address: Sec- D1, Kanpur – Lucknow Rd, Scheme, LDA Colony, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Timings: 14:00hrs – 18:30hrs
About the Organizer
The Committee to organize Seminars, Workshops, Extra-Mural and Special Lectures of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow is organising the National Symposium.
Register online at this page.
Registration is open as of now. The deadline for the same is 11:59 PM, 10th October, 2019.
- Student: INR 500/-
- Faculty: INR 600/-
- Professionals: INR 700/-
The fee covers registration, Lunch and a certificate of participation.
1. Proceed to the link provided here.
2. Select registration fee.
3. Select Seminar/Workshop in the event tab and fill the required details.
4. Proceed with payment and after successful payment, kindly upload the receipt in the registration form.
Dr. Prem Kr. Gautam (Chairperson)
Dr. Alka Singh (Coordinator)
Ms. Priya Anuragini
Dr. Abdullah Nasir
Mr. Bhanu Pratap Singh
Dr. Mitali Tiwari
For any further Information, contact:
- Chairperson: Dr. Prem K Gautam, 9935391575
- Convener: Ahmad Sulaiman, 9984652277
- Secretary: Sakshi Agarwal, 7017353855
E-mail address: [email protected]
Click here for the brochure.