This essay writing competition intends to encourage research on the Human Rights Issues in India.
Theme of the Essay
Contemporary Human Rights Issues in India
Sub-Themes are provided in the Brochure
Deadline for Submission
January 25, 2018 on or before 11.59 pm.
Late submissions shall not be accepted.
March 20, 2018
No registration Fee
- 1st Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000
- 2nd Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000
- 3rd Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000
All the participants shall be awarded E-Certificate of Participation.
The Best Essays shall be published under Symbiosis Law School publication
Any Student enrolled in a 5 year integrated undergraduate Law program or a 3 year LL.B program recognized by the Bar Council of India.
The Essay should be submitted in MS Word format with 1.5 line spacing for the main text, and the word limit should not exceed more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
Font type should be Times New Roman with 12 pt. for the text.
The Essay must be coupled with a separate document attached containing the information of the Author and Co-Author (if any):
- Full name, Current year of study, Phone Number and E-mail Id of the author
- Name, Phone number and address of the Law School/ University
- All submissions must be original and bonafide work of the participants and should not be submitted for any other competition or for any other purpose.
- The Participants are required to scan a copy of the Bonafide Certificate or an Identity card duly issued by their respective Law School/ University to the mail ID along with the essay.
- Co-authorship is allowed upto two members. Single author entries are also eligible.
Original views are strongly encouraged than excessive citations of published public information.
Students interested to participate in the competition are required to submit a soft copy of their completed essay on or before January 25, 2018 at email@example.com
Hard copy submissions shall not be accepted.
All participants should strictly abide by the guidelines. Any deviance shall lead to disqualification.
Mr Ahmar Afaq – Faculty Convener
firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile: 8171752611, 8466995252.