The SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law is organising the 1st Pravin Gandhi College of Law SAARC International Moot Court Competition.
About the Organizer
The SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law (PGCL) was established in the year 2004 and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. At this institution, we aim at giving students exposure to experiential learning in the varied fields of law and in this regard, we have conducted and hosted various workshops, seminars and competitions.
About the Competition
The Moot Court Society (MCS) of PGCL has an experience of organizing 10 successful editions of our prestigious competition namely “Nyayvalokan – National Trial Advocacy Competition” which witnessed its 10th glorious year in 2019, this season MCS expands its wings to conduct the “1st PGCL SAARC International Moot Court Competition 2021” on a virtual platform.
It envisions to address the growing concerns that have crucified of the development of SAARC nations individually and as a global symbolism of unity with strength. Thus, it endeavours to uphold the welfare-based objectives and mutual cooperative principles of SAARC and aim to architect neoteric solutions which can be fulfilled in reality at the ground level. We welcome our enthusiastic professional international brothers and sisters across boundaries to come forth and witness the fostering of our cause.
Eligibility and Team Composition
The participation is limited to students pursuing their Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB, BCL, JD or equivalent)
Each participating team will comprise of 3 members. Two (2) Members shall be designated as speakers and one (1) member shall be designated as the researcher.
The theme for the 1st PGCL SAARC International Moot Court Competition is International Drug Cartel.
Registration and Payment
All interested teams who wish to register shall send a mail at saarc.pgcl[at]gmail.com along with the Transaction details (screenshot of the online payment) as the registration fee.
The Account Details are as follows:
- Name of Account: SVKM’S PRAVIN GANDHI COLLEGE OF LAW
- Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank (JVPD SCHEME, M-56)
- Account Number: 03210330000171
- Type of Account: Current Account
- IFSC Code: HDFC0000321
The email must include:
- Name of the institute.
- Name of the participants.
- Contact details of the participants.
- Copy of the Affidavit (Page 12 of the Rules) duly filled and executed by the participants and concerned authority.
- Screenshot or transaction receipt of the payment details.
|Name of the Country||Amount|
|Sri Lanka||7548.29 LKR|
- Last Date to Provisionally Register: 30th December 2020
- Last Date to Complete Registration Process: 5th January 2021
- Memorial Submission: 30th January, 2021
- Preliminary Rounds: 11th and 12th February 2020
- Quarter-Finals: 13th February 2021
- Semi-Finals: 13th February 2021
- Finals: 14th February 2021
- Best Advocate (Male)
- Best Advocate (Female)
- Best Memorial
- Best Spirit of the Competition
The above-mentioned awards shall carry cash prizes upto INR 1 Lacs. (plus e-certificates) The breakup of the same shall be released soon.
Aaroha Kulkarni: +91 77386 15068
Jaibatruka Mohanta: +91 90825 10813
For the rules and regulations of the moot court competition, click here.
For the moot proposition of the competition, click here.
For the brochure of the moot court competition, click here.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.