|Position||Name of the Awardees & University||Title of essay||prize money|
|I||Tanushree Tanwar and Abhinandan Jain of Army Institute of Law, Mohali||Blazing The Trail By Juxtaposing SMEs, CSR & SDGs||Rs. 25,000.00|
|II||Vartika Misra & Sarang Srivastava of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow||SDGs via CSR: Be Concerned While You Earn||Rs. 15,000.00|
|III||Madhur Bhatt and Jayadeep Manchikala Pudi of Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur||Corporate Social Responsibility-Desires and effects||Rs. 10,000.00|
Consolation prizes for essays chosen for publication:
|S. No.||Participant||University||Prize money|
|1.||Saubhagya Bhalla- University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh||Demystifying the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility-Accentuating the Legal, Marketing and Research Lenses||Rs. 1000.00|
|2.||Tushti Arya & Abhay Pratap Singh-University of Law and Legal Studies, GGSIPU||Loopholes in CSR Laws: Boon for Corporates||Rs. 1000.00|
|3.||Aarushi Kapoor & Vasu Gupta- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur||Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Initiative for Sustainable Development||Rs. 1000.00|
|4.||Kunal Jawaria & Mayank Dev- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun||Companies are making the world bleed, is CSR the band Aid?||Rs. 1000.00|
|5.||Anwesha Pandey- National University of Study and Research in law, Ranchi||Corporate social responsibility-Financial Burden on Corporations?||Rs. 1000.00|
|6.||Shreya Kaul & Eesha Bhist- Symbosis Law School, Pune
CSR: Global Initiative for Sustainable Development Evolving CSR for a Better World
|7.||Sushant Arsh & Massey Khalkho- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore||Corporate Social Responsibility, Environment and Sustainable Development: The Economics of Why India Should Push For Greening of Conventional Buildings as Part of a Company’s CSR Commitments||Rs. 1000.00|
|8.||Ashish Gupta – Vivekanand Institute of Professional Studies G.G.S.I.P.U||Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Evolution And Community Role
|9.||Shivdev Sharma & Kartik Duvedi – University Institute of Legal Studies Panjab University, Chandigarh||Corporate Social Responsibility: Rural Outreach And Village Adoption||Rs. 1000.00|
|10.||Kasab Vohra – Government Law College, Mumbai||Corporate Social Responsibility Provisions in trade Agreements: Analysis Relevance and Critique||Rs. 1000.00|
|11.||Gaurisha- Department of Laws, PU||Corporate Social Responsibility: Global Initiative for Sustainable Development||Rs. 1000.00|
|12.||Shahriar Hossain and Adwitia Maity of University Of Calcutta, Department of Law (Hazra Campus)||the future of corporate social responsibility: alterations towards a better tomorrow||Rs. 1000.00|
About the organiser:
The Centre for Trade Laws and Dispute Resolution (CTDR) is created with the collective ingenuity of UILS (University Institute of Legal Studies) and Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution (University of Pepperdine) to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of trade law and dispute resolution.
The Centre for Trade Laws and Dispute Resolution, UILS, PU, Chandigarh, in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai proudly announces an international essay competition on corporate law, 2019.
Rules, Guidelines and Eligibility:
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their five year integrated Law/LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- Students of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India, Institute of Cost Accountant of India&The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. However, those who have completed either their Company Secretary/Chartered Accountant degrees/courses are not eligible.
- The participants must also send a certificate from the head of the Institution certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student of the university.
- If any Student of the UILS is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana&Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Corporate Social Responsibility: GLOBAL INITIATIVE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.
- CSR: Evolution and Theories.
- CSR: Legal Implications, Branding and Social Image.
- CSR: Impact on Health, Sanitation, Education and other sectors.
- CSR: Sustainable Development vis-à-vis Trade.
- CSR: Rural outreach and adoption of villages.
- CSR: Environment and Sustainable Development.
The theme of the essay is kept broad in nature. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mould it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
Guidelines for Submission:
- The essay must be written in English only.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of co-authorship, separate Registration Form must be filled for each author.
- The students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission (The entry which is received first will be entertained)
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. Neither UILS nor Surana&Surana International Attorneys, Chennai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism. Any Identification Mark in any part of the essay is liable to cancellation.
- The registration form is to be sent along with the essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution/University. In case of unavailability of the head of the institution, any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
Prizes (SURANA & SURANA AWARDS):
- First Prize – INR 25,000/-
- Second Prize – INR 15,000/-
- Third Prize – INR 10,000/-
- Consolation Prizes – INR 1,000/- (15 No’s)
Last date for receiving the submission through E-mail: 31st March 2019.
Declaration of results (tentative): 20th June 2019.
In addition to the top three winners, the fifteen selected essays (consolation prize winners) will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN Number. Strict guidelines shall be followed for publication. The permissible limit of plagiarism is 20%.
The entries which are beyond the permissible limit of Similarity index will not be sent for further evaluation. However, a Certificate of Participation will be issued to all participants.
Contact Information: Prof (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur (+919888020030) (Email: rajinde[email protected]).
Coordinator, CTDR: Dr. Bharat, Convener (+919465228800) (Email: [email protected]).
- Lavanya – 82838 57099
- Apoorva – 98555 35664