About the Organizer
The University of Jammu informally known as Jammu University, accredited as A+ grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, was established in 1969 by an Act of the State Legislature which effectively split the Jammu and Kashmir University into the separate University of Jammu and University of Kashmir.
About the Moot Court
The Law School, University of Jammu is organising SURANA & SURANA NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2019 & JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION ON CRIMINAL LAW 2019 – India North Rounds, 04-06 October 2019.
DATES: 4th Oct – 6th Oct 2019
Participants should be currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in law i.e. 3 Year LLB program or 5 Year LLB program.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There can be 2 speakers and 2 researchers designated for each team.
Submission Registration and Application Details
The registration form is here.
The teams must register online by 31 August 2019.
Online registrations will be open from 25 July 2019. Participants will receive an acknowledgement cum approval as confirmation of their online registration & participation periodically after registration.
A scanned copy of the letter from the participating college/institution/university duly signed by anyone of the following: Faculty-in-charge of MCS/MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor confirming the names of the participants, Year/semester in which studying, representing the college/institution/university for the moot competition will have to be attached during the online registration process (The approval letter shall be formatted on the letterhead of the participating institution/college/university.
Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/university or duly attested registration form will not be valid
Once online registration is done no change in names will be possible. However, in exceptional circumstances, if a change in name is inevitable a fresh online registration have to be made along with a scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ university or duly attested registration form clearly explaining the reasons for the change and with authorised signatory & seal of the college/ institution / university.
Due to the unique format of the competition and requirement of special arrangements, registration is restricted to only 20 teams which will be strictly on First Come First Served basis (Priority shall be determined on the basis of online registration complete with a scanned copy of approval from the participating college/institution/university). Under no circumstances, this rule will be modified.
The participants are required to
- email the soft copy of the approval letter by 1 September 2019 to, nlcmootsociety[at]gmail.com (India West), tlsmootcourtsociety[at]gmail.com (India North), and copy to mootcourt[at]lawindia.com (for all rounds) marked as SURANA & SURANA NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY MOOT 2019 REGISTRATION as the subject.
- The duly attested hard copy of the letter/Registration Form shall reach the respective organizing institutions latest by 10 September 2019.
Queries regarding the Case may be sent to mootcourt[at]lawindia.com till 1 September 2019.
- Start of Online Registration – 25 July 2019
- Last date for Online Registration -31 August 2019
- Last Date for Asking Queries regarding the case – 1 September 2019
- Final Clarifications at www.moot.in – 5 September 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy)- 8 September 2019
- Last date for receiving Hard copy of Reg Form &
- Submission of Memorials one copy each 10 September 2019
- Submission of Travel Form 1 week before the respective rounds
- Submission of Memorials five hard copies each side During Orientation
- India West Rounds 20 – 22 September 2019
- India North Round 04 – 06 October 2019
- Submission of Judgment Entries*** Last day (Sunday) of the respective rounds i.e. 22 Sep & 6 Oct
- Announcement of results of Judgment Writing – Regional*** 30 November 2019
- Announcement of results of Judgment Writing – National*** Look for announcement HERE.
Faculty I/C Moot Court: Dr. Bindu Sangra
Mobile: +91-94192 21675
- Mr. Siddharth Jamwal – +91-98581 71122
- Ms. Sehar Sharma – +91-70063 83191
- Mr. Akash Deep – +91-96221 34943
The website link is here.
For full details, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.