Topic 1: Lasting impact of COVID on the future of Legal Education in India [COMPLETED. Youtube link is here].
Date and Time: April 28 (Tuesday), 5-6.30 pm
- How prepared are Indian law schools & law teachers to meet the demands of the future?
- Virtual LLB, on-line law colleges
- Skills required for the lawyer of the 21st century etc.
- Dr. Shashikala Gurpur, Dean and Director, Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Prof. Arjya B. Majumdar, Professor, Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat
- Dr. Nigam Nuggehalli, Dean, BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
- Dr. Ananth Padmanabhan, Dean, Daksha Fellowship
- Mr. Karthik Ranganathan, Independent Legal Practitioner, Karthik Ranganathan Associates
- Mr. Abhyuday Agarwal, Co-founder and COO, LawSikho and iPleaders
- Dr. Vinod Surana, Partner & CEO Surana and Surana Advocates
- Mr. Tanuj Kalia, Founding CEO, Lawctopus.com
UPDATE [April 28, 7.50 pm]: To get the certificate for the above webinar (costs Rs. 75), please take the short online test by clicking here. Please complete this by April 30. To successful participants, the payment link for the certificate will be sent on May 4.
Topic 2: Post-Corona Growth Opportunities for Young Lawyers [COMPLETED. Youtube link is here].
Date and time: April 29 (Wednesday), 5-6.30 pm
- Lowering of entry barriers – boon or bane
- Democratization or cartelization of the profession?
- Entry of LPOs, non-law firms in the legal services arena.
- Development of virtual law practices etc.
- Senior Advocate Mr. K. Vishawanathan
- Mr. Indranil Choudhury, CEO, Lexplosion
- Mr. Ritvik Lukose, CEO, Vahura
- Mr. Hrishikesh Datar, CEO, Vakilsearch.com
- Mr. Vinay Kothari, Advocate, Rajasthan High Court
- Senior Advocate Ms. Aishwarya Bhati, Supreme Court of India
- Ms. Sudipta Chakraborty, Distinguished Visiting Faculty, Symbiosis Law School, Pune’
UPDATE [April 29, 10 pm]: To get the certificate for the above webinar (costs Rs. 75), please take the short online test by clicking here. Please complete this by May 2. To successful participants, the payment link for the certificate will be sent on May 6.
Topic 3: Cyber Crime & Compliance in the Era of the ‘Online’ [COMPLETED. Youtube link is here].
Date and time: May 2 (Saturday) 5 to 6.30 pm
- Challenges and opportunities faced by Industry
- Police’s experience in dealing with cyber crime
- Judicial preparedness in dealing with cyber crime
- What is the law currently and how might it evolve
- Creating cyber lawyers and regulators
- Best recommended legal practices
- Mr. Pavan Duggal, Eminent Cyber Lawyer
- Ms. Aishwarya Vijayaraghavan, Deputy Head, Defence & Cyber Law Practice, Surana and Surana
- Prof. (Dr.) Indranath Gupta, Professor & Dean of Research, JGLS, Sonipat
- Mr. L. Ashok, Founder & CEO, Futurenet Technologies (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Dinesh O Bareja, Cyber Security Professional and COO & Founder, Open Security Alliance
- Dr. Debarati Halder, Professor, United World School of Law, MD, Center for Cyber Victim Counseling
UPDATE [May 2, 9.45 pm]: To get the certificate for the above webinar (costs Rs. 75), please take the short online test by clicking here. Please complete this by May 4. To successful participants, the payment link for the certificate will be sent on May 6.
Topic 4: E-governance and e-courts: A road-map for 2020-25 [COMPLETED. Youtube link is here].
Date and time: May 3 (Sunday), 5 to 6.30 pm
- Intended impact and managing expectations
- Current developments and preparedness of the stake-holders
- Mind-set matters
- Change in process, procedures, and practices
- Justice Ravindra Chavan, Former Judge, High Court of Bombay
- Dr. Santhosh Babu, IAS Officer, Government of Tamil Nadu
- Ms. Supriya Sankaran, Co-Founder, Agami
- Dr. Ravichandran, Head, Academic Initiatives, Surana & Surana
- Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Professor, UILS, Punjab University
- Ms. Chitrakshi Jain, Research Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
UPDATE [May 4, 5.10 pm]: To get the certificate for the above webinar (costs Rs. 75), please take the short online test by clicking here. Please complete this by May 6. To successful participants, the payment link for the certificate will be sent on May 9.
About the Organisers
Surana & Surana International Attorneys, established in Chennai in 1971, has been ranked among India’s top law practices since 1998 by leading international and national publications like the Asia Pacific 500, International Financial Law Review, Chambers and Partners, Legal Business, Business Today, Industrial Herald, Industrial Economist, etc.
It is recommended as the “first choice” and the “go-to” law firm, for legal advice in South India. This is the world’s first ISO 14000 and SA 8000 as well as Asia’s first ISO 9000 certified law firm.
Lawctopus.com established in 2010 is India’s most trusted website for law students and young lawyers. Lawctopus is today read by more than 200,000 readers a month with its daily email newsletter reaching out to over 65,000 readers.
Lawctopus’ recently launched online learning platform with courses such as ‘Legal Research and Writing’ and ‘Contract Drafting’ which have been well received. Lawctopus has organised 3 webinars (as of April 22) which have (put together) seen 5000+ registrations and 2300+ attendees.
Surana & Surana and Lawctopus have partnered to organise the “Surana & Surana – Lawctopus CLE Webinar Series on topical issues” to increase awareness and have implementable take-ways for law students, members of the bar and the bench, legal academicians, in-house counsel, policy makers and just about anyone interested in law and governance.
Law School Partners
Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) is O.P. Jindal Global University’s (JGU) first and oldest school. Within a short span of time, it has distinguished itself as one of the best law schools of India. In 2019, JGU was granted “Autonomy” by the UGC and MHRD, Government of India. Further, JGU has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India.
In 2020, JGU made history by breaking into the QS World University Rankings. It is ranted 1 Law School in India & South Asia in the and the only private university in the top 150 “young” universities in the world as per the QS Young University Rankings 2020 (universities under 50 years of age). JGU is thus the youngest University in the world to feature in both these rankings.
Symbiosis Law School, Pune (SLS, Pune) stands for excellence in legal education. Since 2007, SLS, Pune has been ranked amongst the top 10 Law Schools in India by major ranking bodies across the country. It has been ranked 7th in the year 2019 amongst participating law schools by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India – National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF).
Additionally, it has been ranked amongst the top 3 leading law school of Super Excellence survey 2019 by GHRDC. It was conferred with the prestigious Gold Star Award by the Bar Council of India in February, 2013.
Each webinar will be:
- 90 -100 minutes long, with speakers from law practice, law teaching, industry, and the judiciary.
- conducted on the Zoom platform with appropriate safeguards in place.
- open and free for all.
- The webinars are free and open to attend. However, attendees who wish to opt for a digital conference participation certificate will have to can avail the same by paying Rs. 75 per webinar.
- To avail the certificate, delegates have to complete a short online test on the webinar which will be sent after the webinar is complete. The test must be completed within 48 hours of completion of the webinar.
- Students, faculty, and staff of JGLS, Sonepat, and Symbiosis Law School, Pune are exempted from the certification fee in consideration of their being an esteemed ‘law school partner’ for the webinar series.
The webinars will be recorded and published on Lawctopus’ Learning platform for free access in the future.