The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies is an Indian university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand specialising in fields of petroleum, energy and power. Established in 2003, it has been expanding its business and legal studies.
About the moot
UPES School of Law is proud to announce its second edition of “Surana & Surana AND UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2019’ in association with its esteemed joint organizer Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai which is scheduled from September 27, 2019, to September 29, 2019.
Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities and platform for discussion of developing jurisprudence on emerging trends in Insolvency Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy. Its first edition witnessed active participation from
Universities pan India, wherein participants exhibited excellent standards of mooting and professionalism. Building on it its success from the previous edition, we aim to get better and bigger this year
Eligibility, team size and other information
The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide at the time of the competition on a regular basis in an undergraduate LLB degree programme or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University in India.
A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
Each Team shall comprise of three members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher.
Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the OC.
Students enrolled in postgraduate or diploma programmes are not eligible to participate.
UPES School of Law, Knowledge Acres PO, Kandoli via- Prem Nagar, Dehradun, Uttarakhand-248007
Tel: 0135-2770137, Extn: 2164
Email Id: mootcourt[at]ddn.upes.ac.in
Online registrations at www.moot.in are open from July 26, 2019. The last date for online registration is August 22, 2019. For having an efficient competition, there is a capping of only 20 teams on the first-come-first-serve basis who shall participate in this competition.
The Registration fee for the competition is Rs. 1000/participant along with Accommodation Fee (Inclusive of food) is 1000/day/participant that is to be transferred in favour of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies via electronic means in the account details provided in the rulebook.
Soft Copy of the Registration particulars, Approval letter including Electronic fund transaction receipt of transfer of Rs. 1000/participant in favor of University of Petroleum & Energy Studies payable at Dehradun shall be sent via e-mail to mootcourt[at]ddn.upes.ac.in with a copy to mootcourt[at]lawindia.com with the subject line NATIONAL INSOLVENCY LAW MOOT REGISTRATION latest by August 23, 2019.
The participants are also required to send the hard copy of the approval/registration letter including the electronic transfer receipt to the host institution at the address provided in point number XIX (B) so as to reach on or before September 15, 2019.
The particulars of the Bank Account for the transfer of registration fee is as follows:
- Account Holder Name: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
- Account Number: 95950999999999
- Bank Name: YES BANK, Rajpur Road, Dehradun
- IFSC Code: YESB0000115
- Details: Student name & Institution/University’s name
- Commencement of Online Registration: July 26, 2019
- Last date for Online Registration: August 22, 2019
- Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem: August 25, 2019
- Last date for sending soft copy of Registration form/Approval Letter with Transaction ID receipt: August 23, 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Travel Form (Soft Copy): September 10, 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials & Travel Form & Registration Form/Approval Letter with Transaction Id. Receipt (Hard Copy): September 15, 2019
- Inauguration, orientation and Researchers Test: September 27, 2019
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): September 27, 2019
- Oral Rounds – Preliminary (2 rounds) and Quarterfinals: September 28, 2019
- Oral Rounds – Semi-finals and Finals: September 29, 2019
- Valediction & Prize distribution: September 29, 2019
For any kind of information contact relating to Competition: mootcourt[at]ddn.upes.ac.in.
Mr. Shikher Upadhyay, Student Convenor, MCA
Phone Number: 9027882365
For online registration:
Dr. S. Ravichandran Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Phone Number: 044 – 2812 0000
For the official website, click here.
For the rule book, click here.
For the moot proposition, click here.