About the CLPR
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit dedicated to making the Constitution work for everyone through law and policy research, social and governance interventions and strategic impact litigation.
About the Job
We are looking to engage a Court Reporter for CLPR’s Supreme Court Observer (SCO) initiative.
SCO is a living archive of the Supreme Court of India, which brings alive and makes accessible the work of the Supreme Court for everyone. It aims to build an enduring constitutional culture in India by enhancing the popular understanding of the Supreme Court’s contribution to our everyday lives.
Towards this, we track and report on important cases emerging from the Supreme Court. For each selected case, THEY provide unparalleled depth and access through comprehensive plain English reports of oral arguments and an archive of all written submissions.
Among other tasks, the Court Reporter will
- Stay abreast of the important developments at the Supreme Court of India, including identifying the cases to be tracked.
- Prepare detailed and intelligible daily reports for the tracked cases.
- Write case briefs, case backgrounds, plain English translations of judgments, and other content, as required.
- Write on any other aspect of the working and history of the Supreme Court.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Must have a minimum of two years of litigation experience
- Must demonstrate excellent research and outstanding writing skills
- Must have a strong academic background (master’s degree preferred)
Number of Vacancies
Salary dependents on the experience of the candidate.
How to Apply?
To apply, write to jai.brunner[at]clpr.org.in (with a copy to balu.nair[at]clpr.org.in) outlining your suitability for the role. Kindly title the subject of your e-mail as follows: ‘Application for the position of Court Reporter’.
Attach the following:
- A writing sample of not more than 3000 words on a topic related to law
Deadline for applying is 25th November 2019.
E-mails: jai.brunner[at]clpr.org.in and balu.nair[at]clpr.org.in