About the Organisation
OP Jindal Global University is a private university located at Sonipat, Haryana, India. It was established in 2009 as a philanthropic initiative of its founding chancellor, Naveen Jindal in memory of his father, OP Jindal. The School’s expert faculty comes from across the globe and engages in critical scholarship that contributes to public debates both in India and abroad.
About the Moot
Jindal Global Law School is organising the Surana and Surana India National Rounds of the 24th Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition.
- Each team can have two speakers and one researcher. Not more than two additional members (total 5) may accompany a team. Additional members will not participate in the proceedings. All members will be awarded participation certificates. Additional members will be given only participation certificates, even if their teams win in any category.
- Team Participating in the India National Rounds from the Host School will be guided by Rule B. 2 (a – d) of the International Rules.
- IMPORTANT – Only 3 members each from the top 4 teams shall be eligible to participate in the International rounds. Teams that have up to 5 members in the India National rounds cannot claim the right to participate in the International rounds for the additional members. Teams are required to mention clearly the name of the additional members in the registration form. Please read International Round Rules carefully.
- Only two team members may present arguments or otherwise participate in any particular round (all three may argue during the competition, but only two may argue in any particular round).
- Institutions that are using the Stetson 2019-20 Compromis in the selection rounds for choosing the participants of India National rounds may inform the National Administrator about the number of teams/members that participated in the selection rounds.
Online registrations will be open from 21 October 2019. Teams must register online latest by 14 November 2019 HERE.
Participants will receive an approval as confirmation of their online registration & participation from time to time as and when they register. There is no registration/participation fee for Surana & Surana India National Rounds.
A scanned copy of the approval letter duly signed by any of the following: Faculty-in-charge of MCS/MCA, Registrar, Principal, Dean, Director, Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor on the letterhead of the participating college/institution/University is required to be uploaded during the online registration process.
The letter must contain names, year/semester of study of the participants. Alternatively, teams may get the signature of any of the aforementioned persons under their official seal on the registration form itself appended below. Registrations without the
registration form/approval letter from the college/institution/University as mentioned above is not valid.
In addition to the online registration as mentioned above, teams must ensure that duly filled in scanned form/letter is electronically mailed to Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat, Haryana, latest by 14 Nov 2019 with the subject “SURANA & SURANA-STETSON MOOT 2019-20 REGISTRATION”. Address for communication is the same as mentioned in Rule 4, “The Venue & Schedule”.
Email registration form/approval letter to: stetsonindia[at]jgu.edu.in.
The organizers would provide accommodation for only 3 participants per team during the days of competition. Additional members, if any, must make their own arrangements. Food will be provided to all participants.
In addition, Surana & Surana will reimburse sleeper class, Non-A/c train fare (to & fro) to deserving teams (maximum three members) from remote areas of India. Teams desirous of claiming reimbursement must write to Surana & Surana, 61- 63 Dr. R K Salai, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004 or email to email@example.com in advance through their respective institutions.
Dr. S. Ravichandran National Administrator
Phone numbers: 91 – 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001
For full information, click here.
For moot proposition, click here.
For the clarifications, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.