About the organisation
Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune was established in the year 1967 by Late Shri. Shankarrao Chavan initially to provide hostel facilities to the students from Marathwada region who used to come to Pune to pursue their education.
In 2003, Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College was established to provide high-quality legal education. The College is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University and is recognized by the Bar Council of India which runs 5 years and 3 years Law Courses along with Diploma Courses.
About the Elocution Competition
Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College is hosting an Elocution Competition for last eleven years in the fond memory of its Founder President Late Shri Shankarraoji Chavan. Law Students from all over Maharashtra participate in the said Competition. The object of this Competition is to imbibe into nascent lawyers the skills of eloquence.
Date: Saturday, 21 September 2019
Venue: Dnyaneshwar Hall, Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune.
Timings: All the participants are requested to report at 8.00 am.
Registration: 8.30 am
Inauguration: 9.30 am
Location: Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, 202/A, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune – 411 004.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 2,000/-
- The Competition is open to all undergraduate students from Law colleges in the State of Maharashtra & Goa.
- Every College shall depute two participants representing their College giving the details as prescribed in the Entry/Registration Form.
- Students shall carry their College Identity Cards and produce the same during the drawing of Lots at 8.30 am., failing which they shall not be eligible.
- Participants shall be in formal attire.
- The last date for registration is 16th September 2019 (Monday). Entries and Registration Form can be sent by post on College address or by email (mmsclc[at]gmail.com) or in person.
The topics for the Competition
- Mob Lynching – Responsibility of Society or State
- Necessity of Population Control Law in India
- Anti – Defection Law – Need of Reconsideration
- Westernization OR Modernization and its effect on Indian Culture
- Decision on Article 370 – Advantages or Disadvantages
- The Medium of Language for the said Competition shall be English or Marathi.
- Submission of Registration Form and Entry Fee: The Registration form shall be filled up in the manner prescribed along with the Entry Fee addressed to the Principal, Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune.
- Entry fees shall be Rs. 100/- per team.
- Each Participant shall be allotted 6+2 min. time, which shall be strictly followed. 9. There shall be negative marking for exceeding the time allotted.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Vikas Bhatnagar: 9673158518
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Pradeep Tambe: 9028505566
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Bhagawan Gawali: 8554960931
- Asst. Prof. Revati Naik: 9881712873