Sree Narayana Law College’s 1st All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2020 is an initiative targeting law students across the country, whom are in pursuit of showcasing their advocacy and research skills, the sine qua non of legal profession.
The core objective is to help law students to polish their professional abilities thereby emancipating their competency to handle future endeavors.
To all those law students who wish to stay academically oriented, this window of opportunity is for you.
Eligibility and Team Composition
- Each team shall comprise of two speakers and one researcher.
- Students from all law colleges/institutions/universities across the country recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to take part in the Competition.
- All participants must be currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Law, i.e., either 3 year or 5-year courses.
- Only one team per college shall be allowed to participate.
- The official language of the competition shall be English.
- Registration shall be based on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration procedure shall consist of provisional registration and final registration. Provisional registration shall be restricted to a maximum number of 20 teams.
- Each team shall provisionally register by filling the Google Form I before 20th November 2020, 11:59 pm.
- Provisional registration after the given deadline shall not be accepted, under any circumstances.
- On completion of provisional registration, organizers shall intimate acknowledgment to the participating teams.
- Teams successfully registered provisionally shall be allotted unique team codes which shall be used to identify the teams during the course of the competition.
- All teams advancing to the preliminary round must comply with final registration by filling Google Form II and attachment of screenshot/scanned copy of the receipt generated on payment of the registration fee and submitting the same before 1st December 2020, 11:59 pm.
- The registration fee is to be paid only by the teams that are selected for the Preliminary Rounds.
- Registration procedure shall be deemed to be confirmed only on completion of all the formalities as specified above. Failure to do so shall be treated as a withdrawal from the competition.
Mode of Payment
The registration fee shall be Rs. 1000/- per team.
Mode of Payment: Google Pay/Demand Draft/NEFT
Google Pay: Rejeesh CR, +919995771337
Demand Draft (NEFT)
- Name: Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta Payable at Ernakulam
- Account Name: Sree Narayana Law College, Poothotta
- Account Number: 00000032715193367
- Branch: Kanjiramattom
- IFS Code: SBIN0011918
Request for Refund of Registration Fee shall not be entertained.
For any queries regarding the competition and moot proposition: snlcvmcc2020[at]gmail.com.
- E-mail ID: snlcmootcourtsociety[at]gmail.com
- Babu Bethovan: +91 81297 58372
- Aswathi Sukumaran: +91 94972 27411
- Swathi Guptha: +91 94460 13939
- Tanya Tom: +91 90377 53705
For the brochure of the moot court competition, click here.
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rulebook of the moot court competition, click here.
You might be interested in the following:
Online Certificate Course by Lawctopus: ‘Litigation Basics: Reading Case Files, Making Court Briefs’ [Nov 5-25]
Law school unfortunately teaches us very little about the skills we need to practice in courts.
When you join a law office for the first time as an intern or a junior associate, it is natural to feel lost and unable to understand what’s expected of you.
Your seniors or even colleagues will not have the bandwidth to train you or explain the intricacies of the practice before assigning you complex tasks, given their unending workload.
This course is designed to equip you with the necessary skill-set to become a resource at your workplace by making a good impression on any litigation lawyer or a law firm and while arguing in Court.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.