About the Organizers
Students for Liberty (SFL) is an International libertarian
AMU Malappuram Centre is one of the prominent educational institution of Aligarh Muslim University in South India in state of Kerala. It was established in 2010 by the ministry of human resource and development, central government of India. The President of India in her capacity as the visitor accorded sanction to establish the centre in 2010.
About the Conference
The Roundtable Conference on ‘Human Rights and Individual Liberty’ is organized on Jan 25, 2021, from 8 PM to 9:30 PM IST via Zoom. Schedule of the conference can be found in the pdf attached with this post.
- Dr. Nigel Ashfordi Nigel Ashford is a Senior Programs Officer at the Institute for Humane Studies. He joined IHS from the United Kingdom where he was professor of politics and Jean Monnet Scholar in European Integration at Staffordshire University, England. Dr. Ashford has also directed the Principles for a Free Society Project at the Jarl Hjalmarson Foundation in Sweden, and was a Bradley Resident Scholar at the Heritage Foundation and Visiting Scholar at the Social and Philosophy Policy Center in Bowling Green. He is a recipient of the International Anthony Fisher Trust Prize for published work which strengthens public understanding of the political economy of the free society.
- Dr. Barun Mitra is a free thinker. He is also the founder of Liberty Institute, and worked in capacity of director of the institute for more than 25 years. He had worked in association with libertarians all across the globe. Dr. Mitra has also been featured in many documentary including ‘India awakes with Johan Norberg’.
How to Register?
- Interested applicants can register for the session through this link.
- Registration is free and compulsory.
- E-Certificates will be provided for the attendees.
7:30 PM IST, January 25, 2021
Dr. Naseema PK: 9181298 08062
Sadaf Sheikh: abdulhannana462[at]gmail.com, +91 83033 35324
Hammaad Siddiqui (Law, Final year): hamdusid22[at]gmail.com, +91 79855 30872
Ritik Kumar: rikumar[at]studentsforliberty.org, 918136841952
You might be interested with the following:
- CfP: DME’s National Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law: A Close Interface Introduction [Feb 25-26]: Submit by Jan 22
- CfP: International Conference on IoT and Law, Centre for Information, Communication and Technology Law, MNLU, Mumbai: Submit by Jan 31
- CfP: 3rd Virtual International Seminar on Compulsory License: A Tool to Access Lifesaving Medicines [Feb 20]: Submit By Jan 20
- CfP: International Conference on National Space Legislation Centre for Aviation and Space Laws, WBNUJS, Kolkata: Submit by Jan 20