India Fellow is inviting applications from young Indians for the Fellowship of Social Leadership Program 2021.
India Fellow Overview
India Fellow is an 18-month social leadership program for young Indians willing to work at the grassroots and find their leadership potential to make a difference.
In the last 11 years, India Fellow has had 194 fellows from varied backgrounds, and 70 partner organizations in rural as well as urban areas. The fellows have been solving complex problems using frameworks in Project Management, Organizational Development, Design Thinking, Community Mobilization, and Communication.
Click here to know about their vision and values.
India Fellow has the following four major aspects:
1. Working at grassroots: Fellows spend most of their time (17 months) working at grassroots with an organization committed to bringing social change. This can be anywhere across the country. The fellow is expected to live in their work area, typically a rural or a peri-urban setup, and work as a team member to understand the complexities.
2. Training: India Fellow has 45 days of residential training, spread across the duration of 18 months. This is divided into 3 parts of 15 days each at the start, middle, and end of the journey. The India Fellow pedagogy is unique; engages a strong collective of varied sector leaders, academicians, and practitioners.
3. Constant engagement: Throughout the duration, fellows document their observations, experiences, and insights; engage in regular virtual learning modules, online courses, and fundraising to build a holistic understanding of the sector and gain crucial skill sets.
4. Mentorship: Every fellow is exposed to a pool of mentors, who are experts with huge experience in their domain. Along with that, the fellowship ecosystem consists of facilitators, alumni, and experienced professionals who are available to interact with the fellows to enrich their experience.
Click here to know more about the fellowship design.
- Indian citizen between 20 to 28 years of age
- A graduate (in any discipline) or will be by July 2021
- Ready for an 18-month full-time commitment to the fellowship
- Commitment to engage 24*7 with the community
- Ready to be placed in any part of the country
- Applicants must fill a detailed online application form through the link given at the end of this post.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephonic conversation
- Those who qualify, will be invited for an essay writing assignment and a detailed assessment
- Final selections will be announced by 31st July 2021.
- The fellowship begins from 4th September 2021
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.