Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur is organising a National Essay Writing Competition on Situating the Relevance of Gandhian Principles in the Contemporary Society
About the Organiser
The spirit of the institution is symbolized in its Sanskrit motto, ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as one family’. Since its inception, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur has inherited splendid novelty, dynamism, and excellence in education. It has organized a myriad of events to aid in the holistic development of students and broaden the horizons of legal education. Harping on the rich legacy of both Bar and Bench, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur promises to be one of the finest destinations for imparting legal education in central India.
Details about the Opportunity
Topic: Situating the relevance of Gandhian Principles in the Contemporary Society
- Reinvigorating non-violent social movements: Satyagraha as a political method in contemporary times
- The engagement of Gandhian Principles with Civil Rights and Social Reforms
- Modern-day relevance of Gandhi’s Democratic Decentralization Model
- Gandhian principles of truth and ethics in Media
- Social media & other contemporary dependencies and Gandhi’s universal mobilization of masses
- Gandhi’s Doctrine of Trusteeship & its relation with Corporate Social responsibility
The Competition is open to all the Undergraduates Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognized Institution/University in India.
- The Competition is open to all the Undergraduates Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognized Institution/University in India.
- The participants must submit an attested copy of their student’s Identity Card/bonafide certificate along with the essay.
- The essay must be submitted in the English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format (.doc/.docx).
- Only one submission per author is permitted. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per essay.
- All entries should include a cover page specifying the name of the author, institutional affiliation, course and year of study, e-mail address, and contact number.
- Any identifying information should not be mentioned anywhere in the text of the essay and violation of the same shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
- The word limit for the essay is 3000 words inclusive of citations.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract. (abstract – 350 words)
- Abstract and the Essay should be sent in one doc/docx file.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10, and Line Spacing-1.
- The margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
How to Submit?
The essay must be sent by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Submission for The SLS NAGPUR Essay Writing Competition’.
There is no registration fee for the competition.
The last date to submit is 2nd November 2021.
Ms. Shreya G: email@example.com, 9740327216
Ms. Rupa D.: firstname.lastname@example.org, 86888980159