About the organisation
Sharda University is a private university in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, India, established through an act of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh.
The university offers courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It is registered under Section 2 of UGC Act 1956 by University Grants Commission.
About the programme
Sharda University’s School of law is organising a Faculty Development Programme on Innovative Teaching Learning Methods and Research in Law.
Date: Monday, July 15th – Saturday, 20th July 2019
Venue: 202, Seminar Hall, Block-7, Sharda University Plot No. 32-34, Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310
This Faculty Development Programme is designed to teach ‘Innovative Teaching Learning Methods & Research in Law’. The Expert speakers will discuss the intricacies of law teaching and research while identifying the gaps and suggesting reforms.
This Programme will cater some of the best minds of the legal profession including Professors, and other legal luminaries. This high profile gathering will try to train young faculty who have recently joined the profession & are desirous to improve their teaching.
The purpose of this programme is to provide an opportunity for distinguished/ researchers/teachers in India to engage with the young faculty members and share their experiences and perspectives relating to teaching and research.
Aims and Objectives of FDP
- To provide understanding about innovative teaching-learning methods.
- To acquaint faculty with intricacies of law and legal research.
- To train and develop law faculty and to upgrade their knowledge and skills which will enable them to prepare syllabus and course module.
- To provide an in-depth understanding about teaching pedagogy.
- To enhance the overall teaching and research capabilities of faculty members.
- Introduction to Research (Literature review, identification of research gaps, setting of objectives and Hypotheses).
- Upcoming areas in Legal Research and Research Methodology.
- Research Methodology in Law.
- Inter-Disciplinary Research in Law.
- Quantitative Methods in Legal Research.
- Qualitative Method in Legal Research.
- How to Develop an Outcome-Based Curriculum.
- Experiential, Collaborative Teaching Learning Techniques in Law.
- Statistical Tests and Data Analysis in SPSS.
- Case Method of Teaching.
Faculty Members/Research Associates from all Institutes/Departments/Schools/Colleges of Law
Registration procedure and fees
Sharda University, School of Law is inviting Faculty Members/Research Associates from all Institutes/Departments/Schools/Colleges of Law to participate in this Faculty Development Programme with REGISTRATION FEES OF Rs. 2,500/-for 6 days, including Breakfast, High Tea and Lunch.
Multiple modes of payment are available like Cash, Demand Draft & Online payment. Payment of fees can be made in following account address.
Name of Account Holder: Sharda University School of Law
Account number: 912010034705440
Bank Name and Address: Axis bank Ltd., Alpha Commercial Belt, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Interested participants need to fill up this registration form and send a confirmation for fees payment as well. Participants can register beforehand & can pay fees at the registration desk on 15th July 2019 via cash or handing over Demand draft.
Accommodation shall be arranged on payment and request basis. Reporting time at the registration desk on 15th July 2019 is 9:00 AM.
Mobile No: +91- 7428404903
Email ID: school.law[at]sharda.ac.in
The brochure is here.
The poster is here.