About the Organization
SFLC.in. is a not-for-profit legal services organization that brings together lawyers, policy analysts,technologists, and students to protect freedom in the digital world.
SFLC.in promotes innovation and open access to knowledge by helping developers make great Free and Open Source Software, protect privacy and civil liberties for citizens in the digital world by educating and providing free legal advice and help policy makers make informed and just decisions with the use and adoption of technology.
Number of Vacancies
New Delhi, India
Lawyers who have a keen interest in civil liberties, intellectual property rights law and technology laws and who have a desire to defend the digital freedom of citizens may apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze laws and policies in the areas of technology law, human rights law and intellectual property laws to develop well-informed organizational positions;
- Draft essays, articles, opinion pieces, and other miscellaneous literature on issues such as privacy, data protection, free speech, net neutrality and others;
- Draft petitions, provide legal representation, observe litigation proceedings as required;
- Work with law and policy makers i.e. conduct meetings, draft expert opinions, contribute to consultation processes, provide research support and more;Represent the organization at various regional and global events;
- Provide legal opinion to developers of Free and Open Source Software on issues relating to intellectual property, incorporation;
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Excellent written and oral communication; and Good presentation skills
Post Qualification Experience
- Minimum two years.
Will be commensurate with experience and will be at par with industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter, statement of intent, resume and two writing samples in free document format (.pdf or .odt) to [email protected] with a subject line – “Application for Junior Counsel”
Last date of accepting application is April 30, 2018
Ms. Mamta Varma, Business Manager, SFLC.in
K-9 Second Floor, Birbal Road, Jangpura Extension, New Delhi-110014
Phone- +91-11-43587126 /43502878
For official website, click here.