Freshworks, a SaaS Startup, is looking to hire a legal professional for the job role of Senior Legal Associate (Employment Law), to work at its office in Chennai.
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks (formerly Freshdesk) was founded by Girish Mathrubootham, in the year 2010.
About the Role
Freshworks is seeking a highly-motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. The incumbent will advise the HR team on various aspects of employment and work closely with them. He/She will be mentored by senior counsels, and work closely with Regional Counsel on the implementation of new labour codes.
- Pre-hiring (advisory on registration and licenses, employment structures, place of business, M&A due diligence, immigration or background verification),
- Hiring (employment contracts, training, secondments, independent consultants, outsourcing, confidentiality, or code of conduct),
- Retention (ESOPs, compliance audit, benefits, or investigations),
- Separation (strategy & risk management, severance, downsizing, retrenchment, exits or transfers), & Post-separation (disputes, protection of information, non-solicitation, non-disparagement, non-competes).
- Research on legal issues and make revisions as necessary to standard templates / policies
- Assist the Regional Counsel in briefing and managing external consultants where specialist advice is required.
Who can Apply?
- Bachelor’s degree in law with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
- 3-6 years of experience as an employment law attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
- Sound knowledge of Indian employment laws. Preference will be given to the candidate who have worked on new labour codes.
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Interested in such Job opportunities? Then, these might interest you.