Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) is looking to hire a legal professional for the job role of Senior Executive-Legal, for their office in Bangalore.
About the Job Opportunity
ABFRL is seeking to hire a legal professional with 2-4 years of experience, for the role of Senior Executive-Legal. The Senior Executive-Legal will be reporting to the Senior General Manager.
The Executive will be responsible for owning and advising ABFRL business on mitigation of legal risks arising out of leasing of stores, franchisee management and Litigation for the South region, as well as to support regional counsel and their respective teams.
Role and Responsibilities
The role extends to pan India for the entire ABFRL business. The laws/regulations whether relating to leasing, retail compliance, litigations, etc., vary from state to state that makes the decision making process complex.
Managing common legal regional teams to support businesses separately within the timelines that are often steep is also a challenge. Following are the operational challenges:
- Synergy in leasing and litigation processes between PT and MFL and ensure seamless support to both the businesses
- Resolve issues arising out of legal due diligence of properties proposed to be taken on leases that are escalated by regional legal counsel and play advisory service to cross-functional teams
- Review of legal risks arising out of Due diligence of properties conducted by external lawyers and recommend approval or rejection of property
- Negotiation of leases, CAM documents, Renewal of lease, etc
- Provide SOPs for driving higher % of Registration of leases or any leasing requirement
- Negotiation of costs with lawyers
- Prosecute third party or defend MFL in all litgations pan India
- Advice on legal issues concerning the franchisee, landlords, etc.,
- Initiate or defend legal action (civil/criminal/labour/consumer).
- Resolution of cases of violation of legal and values-Filing of police complaints, advice on the process for disciplinary inquiry, etc
- Work with external counsel on the resolution of employee value violations cases
- Work with lawyers on strategizing actions to be taken in litigations
- Conduct training programs for creating awareness and Publishing Monthly Leasing dashboard
- Maintenance of database of leases of pan India on the legal portal for access to customers ( RBD, Finance, Brand Ops, etc)
- Education: Any graduate, Bachelor of Law
- Experience: 2-4 Years
- Due Diligence
- Legal Advice
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Governance
- Legal Writing
Bangalore (now, Bengaluru), Karnataka