The International Seminar on Transnational Litigation will be held on 23-24 March 2019 by Centre for ADR, Institute of Law, Nirma University in Association with ICC International Court of Arbitration and Penn State University- International Arbitration Group.
About the Seminar
International Arbitration is a growing field which is developing at a fast pace with lots of advancements and this Seminar will play host to large-scale discussions which makes it a networking event of varied domains of learning. Furthermore, the event will include a panel discussion on the International Arbitration and its nuances which will include people working in this area and other allied fields, leading to a fruitful knowledge discourse.
Additionally, it gives a wondrous opportunity to all the researchers by providing an ideal academic platform for Research Papers on themes related to International Arbitration and to present the latest research findings and describe emerging areas and directions in this field.
In addition to technical papers and other events, attendees will witness the launch event of Nirma Arbitration Journal, which will be added on to this interactive Seminar.
Aims and Objectives
- The proposed seminar aims to encourage research in bringing out synergy involved in the alliance between multiple disciplines of Arbitration and enlighten variety of perspectives on the given theme.
- The seminar seeks to provide an opportunity to thinkers from across the world to deliberate and share their profound knowledge and understandings about International Commercial Arbitration by sharing their experiences and views which will stimulate fruitful knowledge discourse.
- It would seek to explore different dimensions of International Arbitration by analysing the nuances and reflecting upon the positive side of International Arbitration. This would engage a better learning environment and will explore different facets of the topic.
- We look forward to making this not only a learning opportunity at the seminar, but also offer a destination where you can unwind and rejoice the exchange of state-of-art knowledge in an ever-evolving field.
The theme of the Seminar is “The Magic of International Arbitration”.
- Evidence in International Arbitration: IBA or Prague Rules?
- Specific Performance Against a Sovereign State
- Artificial Intelligence in the Arbitral Procedure
- Third-Party Funders and Security for Cost.
Seminar papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars, and students on the issues related to specified themes. Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers on the day of the seminar in person.
Nature of Submissions
The submissions include Research Papers [5000-7000 words], Articles [3500-5000 words] and Essays [2500-3000]
Click here to register yourself.
- Joint authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both the authors have to Register Separately.
- Submissions are required to be in Garamond font, line spacing 1.5, paragraphs single-spaced, with the font size as 12 and footnote font size as 10. The footnotes should have a line spacing of 1.0.
- Only footnotes shall be used in the submission.
- Manuscripts must necessarily be related to the topics mentioned.
- The manuscript must be preceded by an abstract of not more than 350 words.
- The manuscript must be in conformity with the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- The manuscript shall only have one author.
- The manuscript must not contain any mention or reference to the author’s name, affiliation or credentials. Such information must be restricted to a separate cover page which must contain a brief biographical description of the author and co-author (if any) and include the author’s affiliation, qualifications, and contact details.
- The manuscript must be submitted in a Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format only.
- The manuscript must be emailed to the address mentioned below.
- The manuscript must be an original unpublished work. The author must also confirm that the manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- If necessary, Nirma University Law Journal (NULJ) may request the author to provide a printed copy of the manuscript, in addition to the electronic copy.
The Registration fees for the Seminar
- Students: Rs. 3000/-
- Professionals Rs. 4000/-
- Accommodation Charges: Rs. 2000/- Extra
In Case of In-Absentia Paper/Article/Essay Submission, Registration Fees is as followed:
- Research Paper and Article Writing Rs. 1500
- Essay Writing Rs. 1000
- Submission of Abstract: 31st January 2019
- Acceptance Notification: 5th February
- Final Submission: 1st March 2109
- Notification for Final Acceptance of Full Submission: 15th March 2019.
Manuscripts may be submitted via email to the following e-mail address with the subject as “Submission-[Name of Author] – Title of the Submission”.
The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)]-[Title of submission].
Divyanshu Bhardwaj: +91-9662955276
Chetan Saxena: +91-7046996706
Email: [email protected]
Click here for the conference brochure.