Ranka Public Charitable Trust with Rajasthali Law Institute in collaboration with the Indian Mediation Week Jaipur Chapter-(PU) is organizing a one-day National Seminar on training and awareness on Mediation on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
About the Seminar
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution and is a way of resolving disputes between two or more parties. Apart from parties referring disputes to mediation voluntarily, under Section 89 of the Civil Procedure Code, 1908 where it appears to court that there exist elements of a settlement which may be acceptable to the parties, the court may refer parties to, inter alia, arbitration, conciliation or mediation.
In mediation, a third party (the mediator) assists the parties to negotiate their own settlement. In some cases, mediators may express a view on what might be fair or reasonable settlements, generally where all the parties agree that the mediator may do so.
The mediator then helps them to reach a conclusion based on their agreed upon terms. As it is voluntarily process and the parties retain all the rights and powers, any party can withdraw from the process of mediation at any phase without stating any reason.
The mediation process in India follows all the general rules of evidence and, examination and cross-examination of witness. To know all the legal rights you have over the issue, you can discuss with your ADR lawyer hoe you can put up your demands and negotiate it with the other party.
One of the primary benefits of mediation in India is that it is completely private methods of dispute resolution. Only the disputing parties and the mediator are involved, making the affairs of the parties personal and private. The mediator is an impartial and independent third party, who helps the parties in finding their own solution.
ODR ways in collaboration with West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS) organized the first ever Indian mediation week (IMW), a pan India Mediation Awareness event, form 11-17 September, 2017. The event was officially supported the Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India and The Supreme Court Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee (MCPC).
The Seminar focuses on training and awareness programs for students and academicians to demonstrate how meditating skills and conflict resolution skills can be used to solve the cases where the settlement can be done and to enable legal literacy in the contemporary legal field by the ones excelling in the same.
Date of the Seminar
Saturday, 15th September 2018
Venue of the Seminar
Moot Court Hall, Vivekanand Global University VIT campus, Jagatpura, Jaipur(Rajasthan).
You can be part of seminar in the two following ways:
- Paper Presenter.
- Or Attendees.
“Training and awareness on Mediation”
- Peace building “after” conflict
- Cross Cultural Conflict and Dispute Resolution
- Mediation with reference to family matters
Students can go for any other sub-themes under the purview of the above mentioned theme.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from the academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students of law and social science background on the issues related to the above said themes .
Submission Guidelines for Abstract and Full Paper
- An abstract of 250–300 words accompanied by details of the author containing his/her email ID, contact number and postal address should be sent.
- The Paper should between 3000-5000 words.
- Mention of the sub-theme is mandatory. Only one co-author shall be allowed.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1.5” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. Any mode of citation can be followed but it should be uniformly cited.
- The papers shall be reviewed by the editorial board by the Jaipur Law Journal and only selected papers shall be published.
All the abstracts and full length papers shall be sent to the email: [email protected]
- Students and Scholars: Rs. 250/-
- Academicians / Practitioners: Rs. 500/-
Fill this Google form.
**Attendees will be provided certificates only if they attend the seminar.
Note: In case of co-authored papers, each author will have to pay the registration fee amount individually/independently.
Registration fees must be sent via Paytm*(9782571171)or in cash at time of registration on the day.
*Please write your name and institution details in column of Paytm transaction.
- Last date of submission of abstract: 5th September, 2018
- Last Date for submission of full paper along with registration form and fee: 12th September, 2018
- Best Research Paper Presentation (Slot 1): Certificate, Trophy and INR 1,100 cash prize.
- Best Research Paper Presentation (Slot 2): Certificate, Trophy and INR 1,100 cash prize.
- Nishant Jaiswal (Seminar Coordinator) : +919057688512
- Prashant Yadav (Ambassdor IMW’18 Jaipur Chapter (PU)): +918440896749
- Udit Kirori (Co- Ambassador IMW’18 Jaipur Chapter (PU))+917073931990
For more information, view the Brochure given and follow this Facebook page.