About the Organizer
The Central University of Kerala is one among the Central Universities established by the Parliament Act No. 25 of 2009. Department of Law is situated in Thiruvalla Campus of the University, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala.
About the Seminar
Department of Law, CUK is organising an International Interdisciplinary Seminar on STATE, CIVIL SOCIETY AND HUMAN RIGHTS: NEO LIBERAL REFLECTIONS on 20th to 22nd February 2020.
The organizers of the Seminar call upon the legal professionals, academicians from other social science disciplines, administrators, university students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists and the representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the theme of the Seminar.
Call for Papers
An abstract not exceeding 350 words shall be submitted in .doc or .docx format for consideration on or before October 28, 2019 to lawsemcuk[at]gmail.com. Co-authorship up to 2 persons is permitted.
The abstract shall contain:
- Title of paper
- A brief idea of the paper
- Conclusion indicating the author’s perspective.
- Keywords of the paper
The abstract shall indicate the name, designation, Institution details, e-mail address and Telephone numbers of all contributors. In the case of co-authorship, each author will have to register separately in the event of participation in the conference.
Selected abstracts will be intimated after blind peer review. Thereafter, the full papers shall be submitted on or before November 25th, 2019 to lawsemcuk[at]gmail.com.
Guidelines for Submitting Full paper
- Length of the paper shall be less than 3500 words (including footnotes)
- Format: MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5
- For the title of the Paper, 14 point capitals may be used
- Name and Designation of the author/authors shall be mentioned below the title of the paper
- Harvard Blue Book Style (19th edition) shall be used for citation
- Full papers shall undergo Blind peer review and Plagiarism check. Plagiarised papers shall be rejected.
- Revision (if any) suggested by the reviewer of the paper shall be included. Revisions suggested are on the basis of blind peer review.
- Abstracts and full papers mailed to lawsemcuk[at]gmail.com will only be considered.
- Status of the acceptance of full papers shall be communicated after blind peer review and plagiarism check. The registration details along with the mode of payment shall be informed with the communication of acceptance.
Publication of an Edited Book
- The selected full papers shall be compiled together in the form of an edited book bearing an ISBN number published by Department of Law, Central University of Kerala.
- The full paper, if get selected, to be included in the book publication shall be intimated to the author.
Registration Fee and Conference Material Cost
For Indian Delegates
Students & Research Scholar : Rs.1,000/-
For Foreign Delegates
Students: USD 100
Others: USD 200
The registration details along with the mode of payment shall be informed with the communication of acceptance. The students and research scholars to get a copy of the book, have to pay the price of the book along with the prescribed registration fee. The same shall be communicated later.
- Last date for Abstract: October 28, 2019
- Communication of status of abstract: November 2, 2019
- Submission of revised abstract (if needed): November 4, 2019
- Submission of Full-length papers: November 25, 2019
- Communication of status of Full-length papers: December 5, 2019
- Submission of revised papers (if needed): December 15, 2019
- Registration: December 15, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Date of Conference: 20th -22nd February 2020
For Query Please Contact;
Dr. Gireesh Kumar J., Head, Dept. of Law, Central University of Kerala
Mob: 9968313515, Phone: 0469- 2638130, Email: lawsemcuk[at]gmail.com
Dr. Jayasankar K.I. (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 8547275314
Dr. Meera S. (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 9497808524
Ms. Aathira Raju (Asst. Professor, Dept. of Law): 9495680968
Ms. Krishnapriya L. (Research Scholar, Dept. of Law): 9847228067, 9544149563
Mr. Nirun R.N. (Research Scholar, Dept. of Law): 8547913171