ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Law College was established in the year 1991 under the aegis of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Educational Society founded by Late Sri. G. Venkatswamy Garu (Kaka); philanthropist, visionary and a well-reputed politician; with a motive to serve the socially and economically backward students.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but also an essential component for sustainable development. Gender equality exists where men and women have equal access to opportunities and services, equal control over resources, and an equal say in decision making at all levels. Though women account for half of the human resource, in reality, they remain largely marginalized and socially excluded. Women face many injustices and inequalities globally, both in terms of socio-economic factors and human rights. They are subjected to multisided oppression – social, economic and political.
THEME OF THE SEMINAR
In many situations, women are denied access to basic education, health care and are victims of sexual abuse, violence and discrimination. They are denied access to decent work and face occupational segregation and gender wage gaps. They are under-represented in political and economic decision-making processes and have limited control over resources.
- Women and Universalisation of Human Rights
- Human Rights of Women: International Perspectives
- Rights of Women: Constitution of India
- Crimes against Women
- Women’s Rights and Personal Laws
- Domestic Violence against Women
- Technology and Women
- Cyber Crimes against Women
- Rights of Women at Work Place
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place
- Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women
- Politics and Rights of Women
- Strategies for Empowerment of Women
CALL FOR PAPERS
Participants are requested to submit research papers on the topics mentioned but not limited to the subthemes enlisted above. Format of the papers should be in MS Word, Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spaces. Length of a full paper should not exceed 8000 words.
All papers are to be submitted in original and should not have been copied, published or accepted in a journal or conference proceedings, or presented at another conference. Abstract of the paper should not exceed 300 words, should comprise of five keywords. Selected papers will be published with ISBN number. Abstracts and full papers shall be sent to
- Last Date for submission of Abstracts is 14th March 2020
- Last Date for submission of Full papers is 18th March 2020
- Delegates can register their names on or before 20th March 2020.
- Academicians/Delegates: Rs. 500/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
- Students: Rs. 200 /-
Delegates can pay the registration fee by NEFT/Online payments to the following Account Details.
- Name: Principal, Dr B R Ambedkar Law College
- A/C.No : 62338096583
- Branch: SBI, NallaKunta
- IFSC Code : SBIN0020083
Shiva Kumar: 9490866375
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.