About the Organisations
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL) is a law university located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It was established by a legislative Act, by the state of Jharkhand as the fourteenth National Law University of India.
The National Commission for Women (NCW) is the statutory body of the Government of India, generally concerned with advising the government on all policy matters affecting women. It was established in 31 January 1992 under the provisions of the Indian Constitution, as defined in the 1990 National Commission for Women Act.
Centre for Human Rights and Subaltern Studies (CHRSS) was created with an objective to work on protection of human rights. The Centre focuses on various human rights issues.
About the Seminar
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL) is organising a National Seminar on Prevention and Abolition of the Practice of Witch-Hunting on 3rd of December, 2019.
The seminar is organized in collaboration with the National Commission for Women, New Delhi. This One Day National Seminar is being organised to create a platform of wide conversation, providing an opportunity to the Students, Academicians & Law Professionals to put forward their research and share their knowledge on this critical issue of violence against women in the form of witch-hunting.
Venue: National University of Study and Research in Law, Pithoria Road, Bukru, Kanke, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 834006.
Academicians, students, legal professionals and researchers are invited to come up with their contributions.
The theme of the seminar is “Prevention and Abolition of the Practice of Witch-Hunting” and includes the following sub-themes:
- Gender relations and witches among the indigenous communities of Jharkhand, India.
- Women, Adivasis, subalterns: perspectives on the empowerment of Santals women.
- Challenging witchcraft and cultural and custody practices.
- Witchcraft, witches and social exclusion.
- Witch-hunting: a blatant violation of women’s rights.
- Papers should be written in English.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of a maximum of two authors per submission.
- Author Name, University/Organization’s Name, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number to be stated clearly on the Cover Page of the Paper.
- Abstract: About 350 words; Final Paper: 3000-6000 words.
- The Text should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 & Spacing 1.5. The Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with Single Spacing and submission should be done only in word format.
- One Inch Margin on all sides should be maintained.
- Bluebook 19th Edition format shall be followed for citation.
- No part of the Paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Submission should be made in Docx format with the name of the author.
- Participants & selected paper presenters (including Author and Co-author) will be required to fill out the form which will be sent through email after intimation of the selection of the Paper or upon request for participation in the Seminar.
- In the case of Co-authorship at least, one Author must attend the Seminar to present the Paper.
- Every mail for any purpose or query has to be sent in the same conversation and in continuation of Registration Mail which will be sent by the Organisers.
- Publication of Papers submitted will be subject to the scrutiny of the Publisher.
- The Selected papers published in the form of proceeding shall be provided to the participants by paying seminar proceeding charge.
For the declaration form, click here.
Seminar date: 3rd December 2019
Last date for final paper submission: 30th November 2019
Send a Registration Mail to gsds.nusrl[at]gmail.com.
PRANJAL CHATURVEDI: 7903532907
SHIVANI PAHUJA: 8298872871