School of Legal Studies, CUSAT, Kochi is organising a seminar on Changing Dimensions of Physician-Patient Relationship: Towards Evolving Meaningful Consensus on March 15-16, 2019.
Call for Papers
Well researched papers are invited from academicians, researchers, students on the themes to be discussed. Interested persons may send an abstract containing not more than 300 words highlighting the key issues to be discussed in the paper. Acceptance of the abstracts will be duly intimated and the full papers should be sent by the authors within the stipulated time. The submitted papers to be considered for presentation must be original.
Thematic Break up
- Relevance of Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Medical Paternalism- Issues and Challenges
- Patient Autonomy and Patient Rights in Contemporary Era
- Influence of ICT and its impact in Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Medical Liability – Limitations and constraints
- Clinical Research and Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Advanced Medical Diagnostics and Therapy
- Doctor-Patient Relationship in Alternative Medicines
- The commercialisation of Health Care and its impact on Doctor-Patient Relationship
Guidelines for Submission
All submissions, abstracts and full papers must be made electronically via email to [email protected]
The abstract should not be more than 300 words and must contain the following details such as Title of the Paper, Name of the Author, University/ Institution/ Organization, Email Address and Mobile Number. The full paper should be between 4000 – 6000 words (excluding the footnotes)
The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
All references must be in the form of footnotes. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The authors should follow Chicago legal citation standard of footnoting.
Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors.
All entries must be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form. Any sort of plagiarism will not be entertained.
Publication of Papers
The organizers propose to publish selected best papers of the Seminar as an edited book with ISBN Number.
Register by sending an email to [email protected] furnishing details like Name, Designation/ Institutional Affiliation, Title of the Paper, email id and Contact Number.
Participation in the Seminar is free.
- Last Date of Sending Abstracts: 31st January 2019
- Intimation regarding Selection of Abstracts: February 3rd 2019
- Last Date of Sending Full Papers: 12th February 2019
- Seminar Dates: 15th & 16th March 2019
Dr. Vani Kesari .A., Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, CUSAT
Dr.Binu Mole.K, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, CUSAT