About the School of Business and Law
Working in close association with the industry and academic experts, right from the curriculum development stage to student’s projects, internships and work placements.
About the Seminar
School of Business and Law, Navrachana University is organising National Seminar on Law and Social Transformation in India on 25th January 2020
Law derives its normative force from society and it is a fundamental instrument of social transformation. Law reflects the will and wish of society. There are two aspects of it- ‘Law changes the society’ and ‘Society changes the law’.
The law changing the society indicates social development, while society changing the law is a sign of maturity. By extension, therefore, the study of law and social transformation is about our own contributions in fostering social metamorphosis while also being subject to change at the same time.
The present seminar is an effort to study the innate relationship between law and society. It undertakes to make a serious enquiry as to how the interface could be better utilized to usher in societal changes that are long overdue.
For this purpose, the seminar contains a series of themes and subthemes dedicated to understanding the interrelationship between law and society under different categories and contexts.
Who should participate?
The seminar is open to academicians, students, legal professionals and anyone interested in the subject.
There can be a maximum of two Co-Authors for a Research Paper. All the author, as well as co-authors, will have to separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees. At least one person among the author or co-authors has to be present for presenting the paper.
The themes for the seminar are as follows:
- Contemporary challenges to the constitution of India.
- Gender justice and laws in India.
- Emerging trends in environment law and policy
- Child rights and child protection – issues and challenges
- Role of IPR in the present era.
- Changing dimensions of Media Law
- Companies Act: Issues and challenges
- Prospects and challenges for alternative dispute resolution Mechanism
The Seminar will take place at Navrachana University, Vasna Bhayli Road, Vadodara, Gujarat.
- An abstract shall not exceed 300-words including contact details should be submitted.
- The abstract shall be sent to seminar.nuv[at]gmail.com with subject “Abstract – National Conference on Law and Social Transformation.”
It should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of the author/s
- Name of the institution
- Email address
- Contact details
On abstract being selected, the author/authors have to register by making an online payment. In case of more than one author, all the co-authors have to register separately.
Link for the registration form and online payment shall be available on the website HERE.
On the spot registration (Late fees) is also available only for participation and not for Paper presentation. Participation Certificate would be given to those who have registered for only participation.
- Researchers and Students: Rs. 500/-
- Professionals: Rs 1500/-
- Academicians: Rs 1000/-
- Research Scholars: Rs 500/-
- · Submission of Abstract: 25th December 2019
- · Confirmation of Abstract: 20th December 2019
- · Submission of full paper: 10th January 2020
- · National Seminar: 25th January 2020
Ms. Devayani Puranik
President: Student Council, M: 8780910487
Mr. Raj Vaghela
Vice President: Student Council, M: 7600356108
Ms. Shivani Kinniwadi
General Secretary, M: 7499925929
For the website link, click here.
For the brochure, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.