About the organisation and seminar
Vidyavardhaka Law College, Mysuru is organising a one-day seminar National Seminar on ‘Role of Judiciary in Protecting Human Rights in India: Issues and Challenges.
Protection of the dignity of an individual is essential for harmony in the society, as its violation can have a grave impact on an individual in particular and on society in general.
Each individual is entitled to some rights which are inherent to human existence. Such rights should not be violated on the grounds of gender, race, caste, ethnicity, religion etc. these are called human rights.
Human rights are also known as basic rights, fundamental rights, natural rights or inherent rights. The concept of human right is not a new phenomenon, ‘Human Rights’ is a twentieth-century term but its notion is as old as humanity.
It has gone through various stages of development and has taken a long time to become the concept of the present day.
Date: 25-05-2019, Saturday
Venue: Vidyavardhaka Law College, Sri. P.M. Chikkaboraiah, Auditorium, Sheshadri Iyer Road, Medar Block, Yadavagiri, Mysuru, Karnataka 570004
Time: 10:00 AM
Objectives of the seminar
- To analyse the progress achieved towards the goal of protection of Human Rights in India.
- To identify the roadblocks in the path of Human Rights and suggest remedial measures.
- To highest the existing social legislation, government enactments and policies and gaps in their implication.
- Role of Judiciary in protection of Human Rights of Children
- Role of the Supreme Court in Enforcing Human Rights
- Human Rights and the Indian Legal System
- Right to Development and Human Rights
- Role of Judiciary in Promoting Gender Justice
- The contribution made by Judiciary in uplifting Human Rights
- Remedies for violation of Human Rights in India
- Role of judiciary in protecting the Rights of Prisoners
- Development of Human Rights jurisprudence by Judiciary
- Role of Judiciary in good governance and Human Rights
- Human Rights and Environment protection in India and judiciary contribution
- Constitutional Rights and Human Rights and other related topics
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, scholars and students on the areas identified above.
The softcopy of the abstract and full paper (with the cover page) are to be mailed to prakruthi.ar[at]gmail.com, aijoorchandru[at]gmail.com.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 17-05-2019
- Intimation of Selected Abstract: 19-05-2019
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: 22-05-2019
- Academician: 750
- Research Scholars: 500
- Students: 200
Fee can be paid by way of a Cheque or DD, Cheque/DD has to be drawn in favour of Principal, Vidyavardhaka Law College, Mysuru.
Travel and Accommodation: TA/DA will not provide to Delegates. Delegates have to take care of their travelling and accommodation expenses.
Seminar Coordinator: Ms. Prakruthi A.R (Assistant Professor)
Seminar Assistant Coordinators: Dr. K.L. Chandrashekhara (Assistant Professor)
Ms. Prakruthi A.R: Mobile No: 8073833893
Dr. Chandrashekhara K.L.: Mobile No: 9880914578
For the official brochure, click here.