KIIT School of Law is a private law school imparting legal education. The institution is situated in Bhubaneswar, Odisha within the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology campus, to which it is affiliated.
About the Seminar
Seminar on Inclusiveness of the Differently Abled intends to have scholarly engagement focusing much light on India’s vision of a truly inclusive nation. Also, it will give a detailed insight of the Socio-economic challenges faced by the differently-abled persons particularly women and youth, Mapping the need versus provisions made in our current Acts and policies for PwDs and its effectiveness,
Understanding the existing gaps in Socio-economic and financial inclusion faced by PwDs: Issues of participation, discrimination and accessibility, Understanding the Role of different stakeholders including the Government and the community for effective policy implementation with an expectation to go a long way in sensitizing the policymakers and revitalizing our existing schemes in line with the needs of the differently-abled persons.
Leaving no one behind itself draws our attention to one of the most vulnerable sections of the society, the differently-abled persons. Safeguarding their interests requires an entitlement monitoring of their actual needs rather than generalizing them with that of a common man.
Given the fact that 2.68 crore population in India are affected by different forms of disabilities, it is extremely vital that the design, structure, plan and implementation process of our schemes, policies and programmes ensure cent percent inclusion of the differently-abled persons living across all corners of our country
- Law, Disability and the Challenges of Equality
- Sustainable Development Goals and targets for Persons with Disability
- Issues of Accessibility and Inclusion for the Differently-abled
- Challenges and opportunities for inclusive education of persons with different disabilities
- Inclusive Employment
- Gender, Youth, Children and the elderly disability: Challenges and opportunities
- Disability Sports, Art, Culture and Inclusion
- The Government, Voluntary sector’s and International Development Organization’s contribution to promoting Disability Equality
- Corporate Social Responsibility and its Role in Achieving Disability Equality
- Interested one can register via this page.
- Authors/ Delegates: Rs 3000/-
- Students/ Participants: Rs 1500/-
- Industries and Corporate Participants: Rs 3500/-
- CSO/NGOs: Rs 2000/-
- 22nd December 2019: Last Date of Submission of Abstracts
- 25th December 2019: Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts
- 15th January 2020: Last Date for Submission of Full paper
- 30th January 2020: Submission of Presentations
- 15th February 2020: Last day for sending online Registration forms
- 22nd and 23rd February 2020: Conference Dates
Phone: 7008599748, 8763163431