The Department of Law, Central University Kerala in association with Alumni Association is organizing a one-day National Seminar on “Human Rights, Humanitarian Law and Constitutionalism: Changing Dimensions” on May 13, 2019.
The organizers of the Seminar call upon the legal professionals, academicians from other social science disciplines, administrators, University students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned sub-themes.
HUMAN RIGHTS, HUMANITARIAN LAW AND CONSTITUTIONALISM: CHANGING DIMENSIONS
- State sovereignty and human rights issues.
- Poverty and global inequalities.
- Cultural relativism and human rights.
- MNC’s and Human Rights- Global issues.
- Civil war, internal disturbances, right to self-determination.
- Rights of refugees.
- Terrorism, counter-terrorism and human rights.
- Scientific development, IPR and environment.
The above sub-themes are not exhaustive.
An abstract not exceeding 350 words shall be submitted for consideration on or before April 2, 2019, to alumnilawcuk[at]gmail.com. Co-authorship upto 2 persons are permitted.
The abstract shall contain
- Title of paper
- Brief idea of the paper
- Conclusion indicating author’s perspective
- Key words of the paper
The abstract shall indicate the name, designation, Institution details, e-mail address and Telephone numbers of all contributors.
In case of co-authorship, each author will have to register separately in the event of participation in the conference.
Selected abstracts will be intimated after blind peer review. Thereafter, the full papers shall be send on or before April 24, 2019 to alumnilawcuk[at]gmail.com.
- Length of the paper shall be less than 4000 words (including foot notes)
- Format: MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5
- For title of the Paper 14 point capitals may be used
- Name and Designation of the author/authors shall be mentioned below the title of the paper
- Harvard Blue Book Style (19th edition) shall be used for citation.
- Full papers shall undergo Blind peer review and Plagiarism check. Plagiarized papers shall be rejected.
- Revision (if any) suggested by the reviewer of the paper shall be included. Revisions suggested are on the basis of blind peer review.
Authors of the selected papers shall register for the Seminar on or before May 3, 2019.
The registration fee also includes fee for conference material and lunch. The organisers will not provide accommodation to the participants.
For students and research scholars, Registration fee is Rs. 500/- and for academicians, faculty members, professionals and others, registration fee is Rs. 1000/-.
Mode of Payment
Participants can make their payment either through online, NEFT or by cheque/ DD drawn in favour of Alumni Association Dept. of Law with the below mentioned account details.
Once payment is made kindly send the soft copy of the payment receipt to this mail: [email protected]
Name of Account Holder: Alumni Association Dept. of Law
Account Number: 1982101019537
Bank: Canara Bank
Branch: Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta, Kerala
IFSC: CNRB 0001982
Awards will be given for the best research papers from Graduates, Post Graduates and Research Scholars categories.
- Last date for Abstract submission: April 2, 2019.
- Communication of selection of abstract: April 5, 2019
- Submission of Full paper: April 24, 2019
- Communication of selection of Full Paper: April 30, 2019
- Date of Registration: May 2-5, 2019
- Date of Seminar: May 13, 2019
- Dr. Gireesh Kumar J, Head of the Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Convenor) Mob: 9968313515
- Dr. Jayasankar K.I., Assistant professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Co Convenor) Mob: 8547275314
- Dr. Meera S., Assistant professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Co Convenor) Mob: 9497808524
- Mrs. Aathira Raju, Assistant professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Co Convenor) Mob: 9495680968
- Adv. Anoop C, President, Alumni Association, Dept. of Law, Central University of Kerala. (Member, Organizing Committee) Mob: 9496353910
- Adv. Jijo Antony, Treasurer, Alumni Association, Dept. of Law, Central University of Kerala. (Member, Organizing Committee) Mob: 8129825971
- Mr. Chindhu Joseph, Research Scholar, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala. (Member, Organizing Committee) Mob: 7293072773