NUSRL, Ranchi, the 14th National Law University of India, has been established by an Act of the Jharkhand State Legislature, prompted by the vision of the constitutional forefathers that the law, legal system and legal institutions have an overreaching role of human, social, political and economic development of the Nation.
Centre for Human Rights and Subaltern Studies (CHRSS) was created with an objective to work on protection of human rights. The Centre has successfully organized three National Seminars namely “Human Rights: Social Integration & Challenges”, “Mob Lynching & Vigilantism: A Human Rights Perspective” and “Gandhian Principles & Judiciary”.
About National Commission for Women
The National Commission for Women was set up as statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990) to review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards for women, recommend remedial legislative measures, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women.
About the Seminar
Gender sensitization may be seen as “the awareness informed propensity to behave in a manner which is sensitive to gender justice and gender equality issues.”
This Seminar aims to achieve these goals of Gender Sensitization with the help of the innovative ideas contained in the Research Papers received from Students, Academicians, Advocates and Legal Professionals from all over India.
Academicians, Research Scholars and Students from all streams, Advocates, Law Professionals, Gender and Human Rights Activists – All are eligible to participate and send their Research Papers.
- Gender Discrimination at Home and Work Place.
- Economic Empowerment of Women to bridge Gender Gap.
- Sex Ratio and its impact on Demography.
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place.
- Unequal Wages to Men and Women in Un-Organized Sectors.
- Safe Cities and Gender Issues.
- Sex-Selective Abortions.
- Role of Educational Institution in promoting Gender Equality and Advocacy.
- Portrayal of the Genders: The Role of Cinema.
- Digital Activism: Women & Media.
- Laws and Legislations: The Gender Bias.
- Caste & Identity from a Gendered Lens.
- Urban Planning and Women’s Safety.
- Gender Inequality in the Entertainment Sector.
- Gender Stereotypes in Entertainment Industry.
- Gender Equality and Judiciary.
- Women and the Criminal Justice System.
- Women in Business.
- Crime against Women.
- Women and Employment.
- LGBTIQ – Issues, Ethos and Perspectives.
- Developing Transgender Identity through Social Media.
- Health and Reproductive Rights of Women.
- Gender Disparities in Power & Pay.
- Gender Equations and Information Technology.
- Rape Culture, Sexual Harassment and Lack of Gender Sensitive Education.
Any other relevant Sub Theme substantially related to the idea of Gender Sensitization.
- All the Participants have to get themselves registered for the Seminar by sending a REGISTRATION MAILin a prescribed format. The prescribed format of the REGISTRATION MAIL is given in the Brochure of the Seminar. All Participants have to send the REGISTRATION MAIL in the given format only in order to successfully register for the National Seminar.
- Once the Organizers will receive the Registration Mail, an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT MAIL will be sent by the Organizers to the Participants which will contain a Unique Participant Code and a LINK of the GOOGLE FORM. Every Participant is required to duly fill this GOOGLE FORM.
- After filling of the Google Form, the Provisional Registration of the Participant will be complete. Final Registration will be complete when the Participant submits the Payment Proof and the Research Paper.
- The Final Paper must be submitted in ‘Word/.docx’ file. PDF files are not allowed. The name of the file should be ‘Participant Code – Name of the Author & Co-author (if any)’.
- For more details on Registration Process, download the Brochure of the Seminar.
E-mail Id for Sending Registration Mail, Paper Submission & Payment Proof Submission: nusrl.ncwseminar[at]gmail.com.
- Students: Rs. 300/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
- Academicians: Rs. 700/-
Mode of Payment: NEFT/RTGS or Demand Draft. Demand Draft should be in favour of “Registrar NUSRL Ranchi”.
BANK DETAILS for NEFT/RTGS –
Account Holder: Registrar NUSRL Ranchi
Bank Name: Bank of India
Branch: NUSRL Campus, Ranchi
IFSC Code: BKID0005900
Account Number: 490710110003104
On-Spot Payment of Participation Fees (in cash) can also be made on the date of the Seminar, which will be Rupees 200 extra for each category of Participants. For complete details on Participation Fees, Mode of Payment and Submission of Payment Proof, download the Seminar Brochure.
- Last Date for Sending Registration Mail: 15th January 2020
- Last Date for Paper Submission: 23rd January 2020
- Last Date for Payment of Fees and Submitting Payment Proof: 25th January 2020
Mobile number: +91-7903532907
Mobile number: +91-8298872871
For the website link, click here.
For the brochure, click here.