About Army Institute of Law
Army Institute of Law is a private law school in Mohali, Punjab, India. The institute is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala, and is run by the Army Welfare Education Society. The institute has a moderately sized campus in Sector 68, Mohali. The hostels can house 400 students.
About the Seminar
The Army Institute of Law, Mohali is organising a one-day national seminar on Dynamics of Gender Equations in the 21st Century: Socio-Legal Perspectives on Oct 12, 2019.
“GENDER EQUATION” is one of the most talked-about topics in today’s generation. The changes that have been brought about by the feminist and the gay rights movement is substantial.
With these modifications in the status of women and the LGBT community in the present scenario, there is a need, not of equality between the genders but of the equation between the genders. There is a demand for laws that bring women, men and the LGBT community in par with each other.
The seminar aims at providing a forum for discussions involving the developments that have taken place in the country and the advancement that is needed in order to achieve the aim of bringing all the genders on an equal platform.
Date of Seminar: 12th October 2019
Theme and Sub-Themes
DYNAMICS OF GENDER EQUATIONS IN THE 21ST CENTURY: SOCIO-LEGAL PERSPECTIVES
- Feminism in 21st century
- Gender Equations and Personal Laws
- Gender Equations and Society
- Gender Equations and Health
- Gender Equations and Information Technology
- Gender Equations and Workforce
- Third Gender: Socio-Legal Perspective
- Any other relevant sub-theme
Call for Papers
Papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students on the issues related to the above-mentioned themes.
Submission Guidelines for Abstract and Full Paper
- An abstract of 250-300 words accompanied by details of the author containing his/her email ID, contact number and postal address should be sent.
- The Paper should be between 3000-5000 words.
- Mentioning the sub-theme is mandatory. Only one co-author is allowed.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1.5” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word. 20th Blue Book citation pattern must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
All the abstracts and full-length papers shall be sent to the email: ailnationalseminar2019[at]gmail.com.
Registration Fee from Delegates
- Students and Research Scholars – Rs. 1,000/-
- Academicians / Practitioners – Rs. 1,500/-
NOTE: In the case of co-authored papers, each author will have to pay the registration fee amount individually/independently.
Registration fees must be sent via a demand draft in the name of Army Institute of Law payable at SAS Nagar Mohali/Chandigarh.
- Last date of submission of abstract: 15th September 2019
- Date of intimation of acceptance of abstract on or before: 20th September 2019
- Last Date for submission of full paper along with registration form and fee: 30th September 2019
Chief Convener: Dr. Tejinder Kaur, Principal, Army Institute of Law, Mohali
Seminar Convenor: Mrs. Amrita Rathi, Asst. Professor, Army Institute of Law, Mohali
Mob: 9988770338, Email: amritarathi3[at]gmail.com
Mr. Yuvraj Goswami, Mobile: 9779716564
Mr. Omvir Singh, Mobile: 7905643219
The website link is here.
The brochure is here.