About the Seminar
School of Law, Babu Banarsi Das University, Lucknow & Droit Penale: ILJCC is Organizing an International Seminar on Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System in Collaboration with Uttar Pradesh State Legal Services Authority, Lucknow. on 9th and 10th of March 2019.
Eminent personalities from various spheres of the legal profession will be attending the seminar to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this seminar, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of criminal law and administration of the criminal justice system and its intricate dynamics. The objectives of the seminar are to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This seminar will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of criminal law. The seminar will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit of the criminal justice system prevailing in the country.
Call for Papers
We are looking forward to proposals in the form of abstracts from Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars, and Students. The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in the current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of the author’s recommendations.
Crime Against Women
- Causes of Crime Against Women.
- Feminism, its kinds, and Feminist Awakening.
- Harassment at the workplace.
- Domestic Violence.
- Rape and Assault (Rape Amendment Law)
- Custodial Rape
- Marital Rape
- Rape Amendment laws or Rape Laws in India
- Dowry Death.
- Female Foeticide and Infanticide.
- Female Genital Mutilation and the laws.
- Human Trafficking & Prostitution.
- Devdasi System in India- Historical Background and the Supreme Court’s stance on it.
- Cyber Crimes against women and prevention.
- Insult to Modesty.
- Prevention of crimes against women in India and its challenges.
- Termination of pregnancy- Forced Abortion.
- Laws relating to Obscenity and Indecent Representation of Women.
- Prevention of crimes against women- International Commitments.
- Lacunas in investigation and trial procedure of rape survivor and victims of other forms of abuse.
- Reflection of Judicial Sensitivity- Role of Judiciary in the prevention of crimes against women
- Recommendation on Women’s Access to Justice.
Criminal Justice System
- Justice To Victims & Fair Trial
- Rights Of Accused
- Reformation Of Criminal Justice System
- Moral Policing In India
- Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice technology in the 21st century- crime prevention and policing
- Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
- Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
- Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgments and technological advancements.
- Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
- Hostile Witness
Traditional and New Crime
- White Collar Crimes
- Police Atrocities
- Honour Killing
- Race, Ethnicity, social structure, and crime.
- Organized Crimes
- Economic Crimes
- Technology, crime, and its changing patterns.
- Cross border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
Crime Relating to Information Technology
- Cyber Crimes In India In Consonance With Laws Of Developed Countries
- Cyberterrorism/ Hate Speech On Social Media & Its Conviction As Per Indian Criminal Law
- Technology crime related to online games
- Section 377 I.P.C, Section 497 and LGBT Rights
- Transgender Bill, 2018
Crime and Punishment Revision
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Capital Punishment- Abolishment Of Death Penalty
- Criminalization Or Decriminalization Of Attempt To Suicide In India (Section 309 I.P.C)
- Custodial Torture
Law and Psychology
- Psychology and Crime
- Psychology and Criminals
Who can participate
Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from various fields, allied subjects, and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar.
Co-Authorship up to a maximum of four authors is allowed.
How to Participate?
Authors may send their abstract at [email protected]
The abstract should not exceed 350 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institute
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact number
Paper & Submission Rules
- The soft copy of the final research paper must be submitted in a .doc/.docx format to [email protected] with the subject “Research Paper Submission”.
- A cover letter mentioning the Title of the paper and relevant sub-theme, Name of the Author(s), Course, Year Of Study(if applicable), Name of the college/University(if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email address, and Contact Number. Apart from the cover letter, there should not be any mention of any of the details of the author/s. The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with the name of the paper. ( “Name of the author”_ “Name of the research paper).
- Registration Form- All the participants are required to send the scanned copy of the registration form.
- Scanned copy of the payment receipt/Draft
The soft copies have to be sent at [email protected]
- The hard copies of the cover letter, registration form, and the payment receipt to be submitted at the time of on the spot registration 09/03/2019
- School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarsi Das University, and Cyber lakh Publication in keeping with the mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
- The selected author must carry 4 hard copies of their papers, for submission to the panel member, along with I-Card of the
- concerned university/ college.
- The main text should be in Times NewRoman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times NewRoman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0
- One inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation style: bluebook,20th Edition.
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words,(excluding the footnotes/end ?notes/annexure/reports etc).
- All the abstract submission are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010. Full paper has
to be submitted in pdf.
The registration fee including registration kit, lunch, tea break, etc., excluding the accommodation, is as follows:
- For Paper Presenters Rs. 1,000/-
- For Participant Rs. 750/-
- For Paper Presenters Rs 1,500/-
- For Participant Rs 1,250/-
- For Paper presentation (student) 1,500/-
- For Paper Presentation (professionals) 2,000/-
Once the payment has been made, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it along with the scanned copy of the registration form to [email protected] separate registration needs to be done for coauthors.
- Payment through online transfer
- Name: Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society
- Name of the Bank: Corporation Bank
- Branch: George Town, Allahabad (Prayagraj).
- Account No.: 520101221978271
- IFSC code: CORP0000533
- Payment through Demand Draft In favor of M/s.A.D.S.Associates payable at Allahabad (Prayagraj).
- Payment through Paytm: 8299620223
- Submission of Abstracts by: 22nd February, 2019
- Notification of selected Abstracts: 2nd February, 2019
- Submission of full papers by: 28th February, 2019
- Last date for Registration via E-Mail: 04th March 2019
- International Seminar Date: 09th-10th March 2019
There shall be the awards for the Best Presentations. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates and the cash prize.
All the submission sent must be original and should not have been published or under consideration for publication in any other journal. Plagiarized entries are liable to be rejected. There must not be any copyright issues with the paper sent for the publication purposes, and if any such issues are later discovered, the Cyberlekh Publication is not responsible in any regard.
The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, outrightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subject to be a rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the readers.
Cyberlekh Publication reserves the right to publish the shortlisted papers. The shortlisted authors have to sign the copyright agreement with the publisher. Selected paper will be published with the ISBN (International Standard BookNumber) and ISSN (International Standard Serial Number).
Shri Akhilesh Das Gupta Auditorium, Babu Banarsi Das University, Lucknow.
Seminar Manager: (+91)-9129495447; 7295903697
Email: [email protected]
Visit here for the registration form.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.