About Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
Nagpur has been hailed for producing legal luminaries like Supreme Court Judges and various High Court Judges. It also has a rich heritage of being home to many prominent lawyers of the country. Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur, which is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune is driven by the exclusive motto to nurture and prosper this rich legacy of the Bar and Bench at Nagpur.
As lawyers, we should understand that our obligation, as a component of being a part of this esteemed profession is to give back to society. Corporate Social Responsibility is a way of giving back to society. The subject of CSR has evolved in the last few decades by leaps and bounds. It is no longer confined to philanthropic activities carried out by business houses to integrate its interests with that of the society in which it operates. CSR expects the corporates to exhibit socially, environmentally and ethically responsible behaviour in the governance of its operations so that they make a positive contribution to the amelioration of the society.
Sustainable Development is taken as an approach to development that looks to balance different, and often competing, needs against an awareness of the environmental, social and economic limitations we face as a society. CSR plays a vital role in attaining sustainable development. As we progress, this social responsibility is transforming into legal responsibility which is backed by rules and regulations. An increasing number of corporates are focusing on environmental issues in their CSR agenda.
Companies around the world, India is no exception, are forced to consider environmental concerns like climate change, etc. and its implication in a business context. The global unease and environmental issues are sought to be strategically managed as part of their CSR agenda. However, in spite of the benevolent motive, it is accompanied by its own set of challenges.
This one-day National Seminar is organized by the Research & Publication Cell with the objective of creating a think-tank, bringing together divergent view on the topic on a single platform with an attempt to address the challenges and issues in the effective implementation of CSR and Sustainable Development
DATE: 14th MARCH 2020
VENUE: Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
SCHEDULE: 10 A.M. TO 4 P.M.
Who can apply and attend
Any student pursuing graduation or post-graduation from any University/Institute/Department and any professional or academician.
Paper Submission Details
The scholars are requested to adhere to the below-given deadlines as it is one of the significant step towards the success of the seminar. Only one submission per author is permitted.
Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per paper. The papers will be put through Turnitin software for plagiarism check. The selected papers may be published in the book form.
Along with paper/abstract, please also submit the author’s profile (one paragraph) and a passport size photograph in a .doc/.docx format. The papers/abstracts are to be mailed to nscsr[at]slsnagpur.edu.in.
- The Paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10 and Line Spacing-1.
- The margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- Socially responsible products
- Human Rights and Business Sustainability
- Good Governance and Ethics in Corporations
- Implementation of CSR
- Organizational Issues in CSR
- CSR and protection of Human Rights
- Environment and CSR
- Supply chain sustainability
- Globalization and Sustainable Development
- The gap between CSR and Sustainability in India
- Submission of Full Paper (6000-8000 words): 07th March 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: 09th March 2020
- Dates of registration: 10th – 14th March 2020
- Seminar: 14th March 2020
Students: Rs. 500/-
Academicians/Professionals: Rs. 1000/-
- For the receipt of registration charges, SLS Nagpur Bank Details are as follows:
- ACCOUNT NAME: SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL (SLS), NAGPUR RECEIPT ACCOUNT.
- BANK NAME: BANK OF INDIA
- BRANCH: KALMANA BRANCH, NAGPUR
- ACCOUNT NO: 875410210000011
- IFSC CODE: BKID0008754
DD should be in favour of ‘ SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL NAGPUR ‘.
Ms. Girija Ranade: 9822572176
Ms. Shreya G: 9740327216
Contact Number: 0712-6192201
Email: nscsr[at]slsnagpur.edu.in, info[at]slsnagpur.edu.in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.