When India gained independence, it was the intention of the framers of the Constitution of India to mould the newly born free India into a welfare state. It took two years, eleven months and seventeen days to complete the historic task of drafting the Constitution, during which eleven sessions, covering a total of 165 days, were held so as to minutely discuss every aspect of the provisions required to fulfil the aims enshrined in the Preamble.
The debate that they underwent and the resultant provisions that they drafted were so thorough, detailed and apt that the honourable framers of the Constitution were able to predict and provide for almost every type of possible circumstances that would have arrived in future. Even after the passage of seven decades of the framing of the Indian Constitution, we can still find relation between the debates held then and the contemporary issues happening now. This seminar focuses on finding the link between the CADs (Constitutional Assembly Debates) and the contemporary issues of present.
About The Organizer
N.A. Global Law School is the brain child of N.A. Educational Trust that came into existence in 1999 with the intention of providing education to the community at large. NAGLS is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi and recognised by the Bar Council of India, Delhi. The College aspires not just to be synonymous of quality education and top ranking institution of India but also to fill in a very obvious lacuna in the field of legal education.
The institution aims to create a legally conscious society by providing quality legal education that is professionally competent and socially relevant so as to realise the Constitutional goal of socio-economic and political justice and secure human rights to every man.
- Academician: ₹ 500/-
- Research Scholar: ₹ 500/-
- Students: ₹ 200/-
Online Payment Details:
Name: N.A. Educational Trust
A/C No. 67293930067
IFSC Code: SBIN0071130
Branch: Xime College, Electronic City, Bangalore
- Author Name, University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number to be clearly stated on the cover page of the paper.
- It must be typed in MS Word Format (Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 for text and 10 for footnotes, 1.5 line spacing for text and 1.0 line spacing for footnotes).
- Word limit for Abstract: 300-350 words
- Word Limit for Full Paper:5000-8000 words (including footnotes)
- The margins are to be 1”, text is to be justified and OSCOLA format of citation is to be used.
- Plagiarism beyond 20% will lead to disqualification.
- Presentation must be done using Powerpoint Presentation.
- The softcopy of the abstract and full paper and the Powerpoint Presentation are to be mailed to: [email protected] with subject “SamvidhaanDiwas 2K19”.
Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 05.11.19
Intimation of Selected Abstract: 10.11.19
Last date for Submission of full paper and payment of fees: 15.11.19
Ms. Suparna Mukherjee: +919475504278
Ms. Yashaswi Srivastava: +917619226419
For updates follow on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram