The Indian Law Institute (ILI), New Delhi and the National Law University(NLU), Delhi are jointly organising a half day Seminar on “Children of Incarcerated Parents in India: Issue and Challenges.”
Date: 27th March, 2019, Wednesday
Venue: Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi
Timing: 2:00 pm onwards
The seminar aims at highlighting different issues related to these children i.e. children of incarcerated parents from human rights perspective and our criminal justice system’s initiative to resolve such issues. The seminar will provide anyone who works with children and families affected by incarceration a unique opportunity to gather, share views and engage in a meaningful discussion. This seminar will be considered as a platform to initiate a RIGHT discourse, expecting thought-provoking, multidisciplinary, quality research papers.
Call for Papers &Themes for the Seminar
- Parental Involvement with the Criminal Justice System and its Impact on Their Children.
- Children of Incarcerated Parents: Legal Framework.
- Human Rights and the Rights of Children of Incarcerated Parents.
- Children of Offenders and the Cycle of Intergenerational Incarceration.
- The Child’s Constitutional Right to the Family Relationship.
- Parental Prisoners: The Incarcerated Individual’s Constitutional Right to Parent.
- Understanding the Interaction of Children of Incarcerated Parents with the criminal justice machinery in India.
- Safeguarding the Children of Arrested Parents: Developing Parental Arrest Policies.
- Child and Family Contact Visits in Jail.
- Lack of Collaboration Between the Child Welfare System and the Criminal Justice System Contribute to the Unmet Needs of Families
- Policies and Programs for Children of Incarcerated Parents in India and Their Effectiveness.
- Comparative Study on Policies and Laws for Children of Incarcerated Parents.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are welcome to work on any topic related to the abovementioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts
Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peered reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format should be sent along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation/Institution Details (if any)
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
The subject line of Email should read as ‘Abstract Submission for National Seminar on COIP’.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
Please follow Journal of ILI (JILI) Rules of footnoting and citation style only (available on ILI website).
How to apply?
Interested participants may submit soft copy of the abstracts and full papers to the organising committee on the following email address: [email protected].
Registration Fee for Presentation/Participation of Paper (Faculties/Professionals/Research Scholars/Students/Others): Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two
- Submission of Abstract: 18th March, 2019
- Confirmation of Abstract selection: 20nd March, 2019
- Submission of the Draft Paper: 25th March, 2019
- Registration: On the spot registration available
- Seminar Date: 27th March, 2019 (Wednesday).
- Dr Anurag Deep: 9654629241
- Ira Rana (PhD Research Scholar, ILI): 8447227891
For any queries, feel free to drop email to [email protected]
Click here for the official website.